Chapter 41

There is this nasty feeling looming over my shoulders - I can't really shake it but a part of me wants to drop to my knees and beg Ahri to let Akali come with me but I don't think she was going to let it happen ever.

There was also talk about just sneaking away but Evelynn called her to her that was a bad idea... as if she knew that we were planning something like that. I suppose there isn't really anything we can do about it and just move on.

I try to convince myself as I am with the usual group waiting for them to pull up with the car. The four of us are not really a good group considering recent developments but I don't really have anyone else to tag along with.

I have made sure to keep my friend count to single digits but I am kinda regretting not having alternatives.

This just feels like something waiting to escalate.

Akali then steps closer to me, she is doing a pretty decent job of hiding herself until someone spots the hair but she isn't wearing it in her usual style meaning that it could be anyone that just ended up copying it.

My face is still on the 'need a picture to identify' side of things.

She then asks, "Are you going to be okay? I mean do you have everything you need?"

I then look at her, "You aren't going to be around so that is one less."

"Don't make me upset," she puffs her cheeks, slowly blowing out the air, "Well - I guess I get to work a bit and you get to make sure you have good scores. If you come back I promise to reward you if you get good results."

"How about a passing grade?" I suggest.

"Hm..." she chuckles, "We will have to see about that."

I then narrow my eyes at her, "You are hiding the fact that you just want to have all my attention when I get back behind a reward?"

"Okay. But calling me out is really not cool," she steps away from me, I tug at her arm as I pull her back to me.

"Will you be fine?"

She nods, "I will be sitting pretty and will probably like to text you every single time I get the chance."

I then suggest, "I am going to live with all three of them for the time being, we can call in early mornings or just before we will be going to bed?"

"That works. Let me know if you plan on doing anything that you usually won't be doing then I will be sending an agent your way to receive you."

I chuckle, "Boyfriend delivery services? Is this agent Conrad by any chance?"

"If he behaves," she lifts her shoulders, "But if something is wrong, let me know, I will be there within the hour with a few speeding fines to my name-"

I kiss her forehead, "Thanks, but I will be fine."

She is silent for a moment, then lowers her gaze as she presses her forehead against my chest, "Are you a hundred percent sure? I mean... you are so cute and I am scared that someone might just snatch you up into a weird sex scandal and suddenly the (Y/N) that comes back knows all these weird things that he really wants to do to me."

"That is a serious turn of events."

She mumbles into my chest, "I am going to miss you."

"It is only going for a week at least," I try to reassure her, "Could have been longer."

"I mean, yeah, we could have gone on tour and be away for about six months while you are busy at college and then I would probably lose my mind," she then looks up at me, "You better finish up with your studies quickly before that happens."

I shake my head at her, "I will do my best, Akali."

***   Akali POV   ***

I then pull away from him as the car pulls up, "I'm going to use your computer," I warn him.

"I told you can," she flashes me another smile, "See you in a week? Don't miss me too much."

I give him a quick hug and a kiss as he leaves for the car, "See you then!" I shout after him, then muttering to myself, "I miss you already," a sore burning sensation in my chest as I head back into the house.

I don't waste any time walking to the bedroom and dropping into the bed and pulling the sheets over my head - I had to wake up early and I am not going to be busy till tomorrow. Might as well take this little break before I get back.

I fall asleep within seconds, still groggy I yawn loudly as I stretch my arms. I drag my feet towards the door as I can hear laughter coming from the living room - I then push myself off the door and head straight for the closet to get dressed into something I can go out with.

Might as well go meet the TD and see if they are going to do anything. I grab my phone to see a couple of messages from (Y/N) describing that the ride was incredibly awkward and that he wants to come home already.

It is cute seeing him fuss over the little things. It might not really be that bad after all, until tomorrow comes and it starts eating at me.

I step out of the room to see Conrad and a face I don't recognize, "Hey, Akali. You heading out?"

"Yeah..." I then look at the person sitting next to him he flashes me a wide grin, "Hey..."

"Name's Justin," he lifts his hand, "Huge fan by the way."

I do the usual thing you do meeting fans, "Thank you-"

He then looks at Conrad, "Bro, didn't expect you to have someone like this staying here- did you get rid of your other roommate? The one that didn't talk to me once and ignored me like a little asshole?"

Ahh.... this is really going to strike a nerve with me.

"My boyfriend, yeah," I say with the same smile.

"Ah... well that took a turn," he looks back at Conrad who only laughs at him.

"Justin is a bit slow on the uptake, ignore him Akali," I nod as I then gesture to the door.

"I am still heading out though."

He then lifts himself out of the chair as if he needs to walk me out, I open the door as he stops me, "Are you going to be home tonight? I plan on having a few people over but I don't want to inconvenience you-"

I stop him, "As long as nobody gets into that room, sure. If someone does, I might beat the shit out of you," I flash him a smile as I walk down to my bike.

"Will do!"

I don't really want to go anywhere and sleepover. Hopefully, I can just get in without anyone bothering me. Not like I own the place... but it is still home. I don't want to be bothered with celeb shit when I just want to enjoy myself.

Maybe I should just stay in my room all day...

I decide against meeting anyone because I have absolutely no faith in Conrad and suddenly see the value in owning our own little place to stay in. I'll get takeout and just hang out watching series on his pc.

Not like I want to do anything, I can always ask Ahri. But she has been getting on my nerves lately.