Chapter 31

We reach the studio, I pull the helmet off only to hear her let out a long sigh. She leans back into me resting on me as she rubs her temples with one hand while the other is holding a tight grip on the helmet.

"Are you okay?"

She chuckles, "I should really be the one asking you that," she then climbs off as she gestures for the door, "Come, we have a couple of minutes before Ahri decides it is time to show up."

I climb off the bike and follow her inside, putting down the helmet next to hers it is a short walk to what looks like a break room - it is weird to see that there is all this space and only they are using it.

She plops down on the couch as she pats down beside her, "Come on, make yourself comfortable - also another way of telling you that the most comfortable you are going to get is by sitting right next to me."

With a chuckle, I drop down next to her, "You really think I couldn't make that decision myself?"

"Just making sure you learn what it means when I say something - I can't be blunt all the time with you, it would ruin some of the moments," she interlaces her fingers with mine as she gives my hand a tug, "How was it? I didn't even realize the news but the scary part is that your privacy might just disappear."

"I imagine it would be that bad."

"You didn't answer my question... are you okay?"

I lift my shoulders, "I guess? Nothing really changed other than people wanting to verify if someone like me-"

"Don't listen to them," she breathes out, "There is a reason why I came to you in the middle of the night cursing myself for making it so hard on both of us - you will grow as a person but right now they will try to crush your spirit. People hate seeing others succeed."

"Or want what they have."

She nods, "That too."

I then ask, "Funny to see that you and Conrad are getting along."

"I am still being a bitch towards him," she chuckles, "Guess he doesn't mind but I am slowly warming up - then again some people are good friends but they don't realize the things they do unless you beat it into them."

"What are you-"

She looks at me, "He probably did it once or twice, didn't he? You liked a girl and you slowly tried to warm up to her only for her interest to be on him."

I lower my gaze, "I... yeah."

She chuckles, "Not his fault unless he was trying his best to get in the middle but the more I see him the more I am starting to doubt it - he probably doesn't even know. Though I believe you can blame whoever you want in that situation... just look at yourself too."

"I can be a pushover."

She then stretches her legs over the side of the couch as she lays her head down on my lap, "You will work on it at your own pace - little by little you are becoming more confident in yourself and I will be there every step of the way."

I chuckle, "No planning our wedding?"

She groans, "I hate people that do that, just stick with the present and leave the past when you are certain about it."

I then hover for a moment, asking carefully, "Are the two of us... you know?"

"You know that is a lot of weight you are putting behind a question," she turns in place smiling up at me, lifting her hand to my face, "What if I say that I want to be your forever and that I'd never choose anyone else only for me to be the one to fall out of love first?"