Chapter 25

"I'm so confused so the two of you are together now or what?" watching me with a raised eyebrow, I guess he has some right to feel that way because last time I talked about Akali with him it was because I thought for sure she thought of me as a friend.

Glancing outside, watching her at the fire talking to the other two. He just asked me to come with him so that he could ask me... well this.

"Yeah. I guess there was no way to tell how it would end up like this and it just kinda happened," lifting my shoulders into a shrug, I see him step closer in my peripheral.

Putting his hand on my shoulder, "I am happy for you then either way. You are probably too happy to want to listen to my complaints about it anyway."

"Complaints?"

He shakes his head, "Not about the two of you being together. I just don't know how to feel about her playing with your feelings."

"I played with my own feelings. So don't blame her for what happened-"

He nods quickly, lifting his hands in defense, "Alright alright."

It's like... I don't know... how can you be trying to help me with this single problem and then when someone good happens the first thing you want to do is not be happy but rather voice your own complaints of sorts. Maybe I am too happy to listen but what's the point coming to me with that only to just kick my mood in the gut.

Just can't win with anyone sometimes.

I then sigh, "Just order the food will you," then heading outside before he could say anything, Akali's eyes find me instantly as she gestures for me to come to her.

Holding out her right hand I grab it with my own as she pulls herself under my arm and interlaces our fingers at her side.

"I honestly thought it was like a weird joke but I don't know how you manage to pull someone like her," Matty lifts his can as he gestures to Akali.

"Would it make it better if I said I don't know myself?"

He rolls his eyes, "Not sure if humble or blind."

Michelle then quickly says after him, "Sorry for spreading those little rumors. It was like so out of this world to see Akali with anyone still in college and I thought everyone would like to know about it."

Matty then groans beside her, "Yeah, and ended up having me get my teeth kicked in."

"You brought that on yourself for going to pick a fight!"

As the two of them bicker, I glance at Akali who lifts herself to whisper to me, "What's wrong? Did Conrad say anything stupid?"

"He is just... weird," I state, "I don't know I don't know what his problem with you is, it's like the two of you constantly switch turns when it comes to not liking each other."

"Are you worried the two of us won't get along?"

I shake my head, "Just worried that it makes things harder for no reason. I know not everyone can just get along..."

"I'll have a word with him, I don't need his blessings but might as well hear what he has to say. Also, I feel like I need to say this but if it ever becomes a problem - I chose you and it will only be you, alright?" she gives me a warm smile, squeezing my fingers between hers.

"Thank you and I will remember that. And... y-you are the one I chose."

She smirks at me, "That's right... what happened with that other girl by the way?"

"Uh. She confessed to me and I pretty much shut her down because I was still holding out for you. I felt bad about it... I mean someone like me who hasn't really been in a relationship being a chooser."