Chapter 15

"This place looks super expensive, do you guys even work to pay the rent?" she looks between me sitting next to her and Conrad standing at the fire.

Conrad states, "My parents are rich and most of my allowance goes to paying the rent."

I nod, "Pretty much the same, though the core difference here is if I fail a single subject my parents stop paying the rent and I have to go back into dorms."

She arches her brow, "That must fill you with plenty of determination."

"Anything to avoid people I don't know," I chuckle, "That and I don't want them to threaten me with my studying after that. Kind of had to beg them to go into this direction."

"Know that feeling," she then looks at Conrad, "And you? You also study IT?"

"I'm dumber than bricks," he states as he tucks his hands into his pockets, still watching the flame, "And talk too much, so it is currently between law and psychology."

"Think you got a decent grasp on people?" she asks.

"Probably not, though I know how to talk out of my ass so I guess Law over Psychology," he then chuckles.

I then state, "He is good at picking up strays and forcing them into his friend group."

She nods slowly, "And picking up girls I assume?"

He then states, "Probably not as good as I think I am."

"How humble," she shakes her head still wearing a smile, "Must mean you must be making some girl's day."

He shakes his head, "Unfortunately not. Been single for a long time and that is by choice. Have to kind of focus on this before I fail another year chasing girls."

"So all play."

He then asks her, "And you?" he then turns around, "Being K/DA's rapper and being pretty famous. Must mean you have plenty of people to date. I like to think the two of us are similar in our own ways."

She smiles slowly, "Probably why I don't like you at all."

"Huh?"

She snorts, "I am joking. But unfortunately for you, I don't kiss and tell... and no. We are not similar. Not from what I know so far."

He lifts his shoulders, "As you say. But definitely into dudes?"

"Yup," she crosses her legs, "As far as I know anyway. Why do you plan on taking a shot?"

"Never," I watch Akali's face closely, it doesn't even shift at his comment.

She then looks at me through the corner of her eye, "Sorry, this is probably not in your alleyway of conversation."

I chuckle awkwardly, "I can talk about all the times I tried to chase after a girl and either embarrassed myself or made me want to consider going after dudes."

"What really?" she turns to me fully.

Conrad turns also, "Please tell me you are joking about that. I have known you for a long time."

"Yeah obviously," I roll my eyes, "But yeah I don't exactly have a track record worth mentioning. Only ones where I think about it at night and it keeps me up as I die from embarrassment."

Akali smiles slightly, her eyes lock with mine as she states, "We all go through that eventually. I had a crush on someone that was insane. Not to mention the couple failed relationships that are pretty painful."

Conrad doesn't add to it. I then lift myself, "Just need to go to the bathroom. Want something to drink on my way back?"

"We should have a beer," Conrad says, "Make sure to wash your hands after."