Chapter 21

*** Akali POV ***

Reaching home, I toss my helmet on the couch as I drag my feet to my room. I am busy the entirety of tomorrow and will probably hang out the day after around noon because I have to do something else... though it is bugging me.

Feels like I am playing with his feelings yet... it is so obvious that he likes me but I wanted him to either come to terms with it just ask me. My answer doesn't really matter because it would prove that he came a very long way if he can do that on his own.

Dropping into bed, I pull the pillow between my arms as I stare into the wall, "So stupid. I am just like every other person so just ask me, you idiot," I give a frustrated groan, "And I went and said I'm free so now he probably thinks I only see him as a friend. I am the real idiot here."

Turning again onto my other side, trying to be a little more comfortable, "Don't even know when I started liking him," turning again onto my back, "I should just ask him before we both drag this on for so long that it just starts becoming silly and painful."

This bed really isn't comfortable right now. My head is just all over the place and I can't get the image of his upset expression out of my head the moment I made plans for the weekend like a dummy.

Please just let me die now. 

*** Normal POV ***

"How was your day of skipping college? You better have gotten married because I have been flooded with questions on where you disappeared too," he lifts his hand to wave at me from the couch.

I hover in place for a moment, "It was fine."

He lifts himself instantly, "What's wrong?"

I lift my shoulders, "She... doesn't see me as anything other than a friend."

Giving me a weak smile, "Do you want to go and get absolutely shitfaced, bud?"

I scoff, "No thanks. It isn't that bad at least we can still be friends."

"Still doesn't make it any easier... I was serious though. We don't have to attend the thing this weekend either if you just want to stay in and get a few friends over and do our own thing."

"As if Michelle would let you-"

"Come on let me just up your mood," she lifts himself, "No point trying to have fun when I know my boy's heart is broken."

I narrow my eyes at him, "It isn't broken. I pretty much knew it was going to happen."

He sighs, stepping forward, "This might sound weird but I mean this in the nicest way possible. Do you want a hug?"

"How is a hug weird?"

He steps closer, wrapping arms around mine, "Shhh. It's okay. Women are horrible creatures that play with your feelings because they have this excessive need for attention without having to contribute anything to the-"

I stop him, "Akali is a good friend. It's my fault for catching feelings when I knew it was stupid."

"Do you want to cry?"

"Kinda. I'm just frustrated is all. I just don't want to talk about it, yeah?"

He then let's go, "At least you can fix your pc."

I chuckle, "At least. I'll be in my room trying to not electrocute myself. Also, there is literally no need to check up on me every two minutes. I am fine."

"Getting your heart stepped on isn't fine."

"It... you are way too dramatic about this," I shake my head at him as I start heading to bed, "I'll order some food for us, I know I am in charge of food tonight but I really don't want to cook anything so just tell me what you want."

He screams after me, "Get me my usual."

Despite wanting to fix my PC. I just ended up laying down in my bed, I can still somewhat smell her perfume in the room. Maybe it is my fault... she was clearly asking to figure out for herself but maybe because I couldn't answer she thinks I didn't like her.

That's probably why she ended up making plans with him. I can still probably try one more time... at least it will be like she said. I won't regret it.

(Short chapter. Forgib me.)