4 - The Fairy Godmother

"Miss Y/N, please wake up."

You opened your eyes to a hospital surrounding with a nurse standing next to you. The smell of bleach and medicines lingering your nostrils.

"Wha...What am I doing here?" You mumble to yourself, feeling the pulling sensation from the back of your head.

Then you remember.

Your father was admitted to the hospital in critical condition and was unconscious.

The only way to save your father was to start the treatment.

But the doctors would only start the treatment if received a million dollars.

The you who had been struggling to pay even the house rent now has to pay a million dollars.

From where?

Your mind spinned at all the new information entering your system. Your eyes were dry and swollen from crying.

It was sunset when you had finally read the texts your friends had sent you. Assuring them everything is well, you had proceeded to roam about aimlessly around the door of the room in which your father was lying. Still hadn't stopped to silently cry and pray.

A little while later, you finally decided to go home after numerous send-offs from nurses as visiting hours were over.

You were walking down the dim and rusty streets. All this stress had made your mind hazy and have trailed thoughts that seemed to go on and on.

Eomma was the only option you had now. Your father hated it. But she won't say no right? Your father was once the man she loved; she would give the money. Right?

Normally in a situation like this anyone would ask their parents what to do. But for you, you had no parents or anyone.

When you had reached your building, you saw the rent-owner talking to someone at the entrance. You had hoped to zip past her quietly without her noticing you, but today was such a bad day after all.

She rambled on and about on the delay of rent.

"This is the final warning." Her voice strict and furious, "If you don't give the rent within this week, you will be EVICTED!" She practically screamed before leaving to her room which was located on the basement itself.

You climbed on the stairs as your room was just one floor ahead of the basement.

"I won't be able to sleep today." You muttered and took a can of beer from the fridge, presumably your father's.

You plopped down on the couch and started pouring the liquid down your throat. The sour taste making you grimace.

"Do not drink that!"

Your eyes widened. You swiftly turned your head to the back,

No one.

"I'm here darling." You heard the same person now sort of laughing,

You turned your head towards the right side where you had supposedly heard the voice from.

There you saw a woman, with elegant visuals and an extravaganza attire that clashed with the poverty of the rest of the flat. She had white gloves on, and her black-brown hair flowed in the wind under the weave hat she wore. You couldn't see her eyes due to the fancy matching purple eye-mask she wore with it.

She had a smirk on her face and stood mightily in your balcony like she owned the place.

But her smirk soon turned into a wide-eyed frightened face.