chapter 46

It had been several hours now and Emilia was yet to wake up. The brothers and Lexi were all sat in the hospital room

Damon was sat in the chair by her side, holding her hand.

Mason, Matteo and Lexi sat on the sofa at the end of the room.

Dante sat on a chair in the corner of the room.

Alesandro had landed and was currently on his way to the hospital, he was panicking and extremely worried for his youngest child.

No one spoke.

No one wanted too.

Damon wouldn't take his eyes away from Emilia for longer than a few seconds and whenever the doctor came in he would watch extra carefully.

He was lost in thought about one thing. The abuse. He wondered how bad it was, how did they hurt her?  What did they do to stop her talking?

"Mia bambina"

Alesandro was here.

He came rushing into the room. Concern plastered on his face.

He held her other hand and looked over her, she was pale and looked fragile.

"Whoever dared hurt my daughter will pay with their life, I hope they have already started digging a hole to be buried in" he said in such a dark voice. A voice no one but Damon had heard before.

This was the voice of an ex mafis boss who dealt with his most hated and vile enemies.
Lexi couldn't even look at him, the floor seemed to have her attention.

"o potremmo bruciarli vivi" Damon suggested

Translate: Or we could burn them alive.

Alesandro chuckled darkly "sì" (yes)

"What have the doctors said so far" Alesandro asked.

Damon knew he would have to tell his dad, it would be better if he found out from him rather than a doctor.

"Just that the surgery was a success, she will be awake soon. How about we go find one and see if we can get a update on her condition" Damon replied.

"Youre  leaving her side" mason asked suprised.

"Yes I'd like to know exactly what the doctor has to say"

Once they were both out of the room, Damon spoke "we aren't going to see a doctor "

"Then why am I away from my daughter" he said impatiently.

"Come, we need to talk in private"

This was hard but it has to be done.

"What happened son"

"The doctor informed me of something " how was he suppose to tell him.

"Spit it out"

"She has signs of abuse"

"What!" Alesandro was pissed

"Yeah, they want an investigation opened but after checking with the doctor, the abuse was before a month ago so we should be fine but you will probably need to talk to child services and produce the documents showing her you took guardianship of them " Damon explained.

"I should have known" Alesandro felt as though he had failed as a father.

"I should have talked to her more, I saw the signs but I presumed she was just scared of us and it was a change for her. Maybe I just didn't want to admit it" Damon confessed.