chapter 24

The doctors appointment was a success in sorts, it was nerve wracking but they found she was allergic to the spray. Damon had held her hand throughout, he hated seeing her like this and was glad it was over, he was satisfied with the results and they went to the mall.

What do you need

"Nothing,to be on the safe side you are getting new clothes"

Emilia was not impressed, shopping was bad enough last time. She hoped Damon wouldn't be as bad, he wasn't as energitic as the others, maybe he'd get her a few stuff then they would leave

I have clothes can't they just be washed

"We are not taking that risk. Mary will sort them all out but in the meantime you need clothes" Damon said.

Emilia didn't want to go against him so she just nodded.

Shopping with Damon was an experience to say the least.

He wasn't energetic like Matteo, he wasn't rude like Dante was at that time and he didn't pick up every she looked at like Mason.

No instead he made her pick up anything she wanted with the 'threat' to buy the stores they went to  if she didn't pick up a reasonable amount of items.

She worried about money way to much, she didn't believe she deserved money spent on her. She wasn't worth it.

Damon sensed her worries and pulled her to a side in the store.

"Emilia you can have anything you want, please don't worry about such trivial things"

You shouldn't have to spend your money on me

This concerned Damon "and why is that"

Not worth it.

This was big red flags for Damon but he would talk to dad about it first.

"Emilia you are worth it, I couldn't think of a better way to spend my money. You know this morning I was sat in that meeting wishing it would end so I could spend time with you, money is nothing compared to time I can spend with you, so Emilia please get whatever you like "

Emilia found his words sweet, she smiled in response and nodded but there was just one problem to them. he had been calling her Emilia, she had no idea what tesoro meant but she had started to like it, she had convinced herself it was a type of endearment, he never looked angry when he called her that.
Now that he had been using her name today she couldn't help wonder his true emotions.

"Emilia" Damon said seeing as she was taking quite a while to anwser.

There it was again. Emilia.

She frowned and quickly wrote
Why Emilia

"Because that is your name" he replied

Emilia nodded not wanting to admit something so childish to her eldest brother who clearly wasn't the type to give out names of endearment. He probably meant something else when he said it. it's not like he ever gave Lexi one so how could it be something like that.

"Emilia what's your point" Damon asked.

Nothing let's just get this shopping over with

They continued to shop, Damon was mostly quiet as he tried to work out why she was upset with him.

He eventually put it aside for now when he realized the time.
"Emilia it's getting quite late"

Emilia so wanted him to say we are done and can go back but unfortunately he didn't.