39 - a conversation

y/n pov

i arrive.
nick is already there. he's wearing jeans and a jumper. i recognize the jumper as the same one that was the reason we became close in the first place. god, i miss that time of my life. he looks so good in it.

i sit down next to him and he awkwardly smiles.

"uhh, soo, is everything alright?" he asks. i'm holding back the urge to just kiss him and hold him for at least twenty minutes.

"yeah. everything's okay, i guess," i tell him. it's a complete lie. these months have been the worst months of my entire life.

"that's good," he responds, "soo, what did you want to talk to me about?"

i open my mouth and get ready to speak but that's when he interrupts.

"actually- i wanted to tell you something important first. like, really important.. can i go first?" he asks. i nod.

"i don't want to break up," he begins, "look, y/e/n was the one who kissed me, okay? i didn't even want to. i didn't even consent to the kiss." he takes a deep breath and i notice he's begun to tear up.

"y/n y/l/n, i'm in love with you. in a way that i can't even describe in words. i really don't want us to break up, and if you really wanted to i would respect that decision but i want us to be together, i want to be with you," he says. i begin to cry of relief.

"nick," i begin. however, he interrupts me before i can say more.

"i love you so much and you're my favorite person," he tells me. and then i just kiss him. and we're just both here crying and kissing and i don't even know how to describe it.

"my life started the day i met you," he says as we pull apart.

"you're so cheesy," i laugh.

"shut up, you love it," he chuckles.

"i want us to be together too, these months have been absolute shit for me," i admit.

"me too, you don't even know how fucking bad this school year has been so far."

"wanna come over?" i ask.

"um, obviously," he laughs.