9 - another point of view

nick's pov

i'm in the kitchen. i'm waiting for y/n to arrive. everything sucks without y/n here honestly. then suddenly imogen comes up to me.
"heyyy nickkkk.." she says.
"hey," i reply.
"soo do you wanna go dance or something?" she asks me.
i don't reply to her because i'm thinking of how to say no politely. then she kisses me. which catches me off guard. i push her off.
"imogen, im sorry but.. i don't like you like that." her smile turns into a frown.
"b-but we've been friends for so long. we hang out every morning and.." i look at her.

"im really sorry but- im gonna go find my friend." i walk around the entire house looking for y/n. i can't seem to find him anywhere. disappointed, i sit down at the bottom of the stairs. he probably didn't even show up. then i hear somebody yelling from upstairs.

"stop it!! get the fuck off of me, you bastard!!" they sound really uncomfortable. i listen to the yelling for a couple more seconds to try to figure out what's happening. then suddenly it hits me.
holy shit.

not only is somebody getting sexually assaulted in there, but it's y/n. i run upstairs as fast as possible. i run over to the door of the room where it's coming from. i hear more.
"i know you like me." it's ben hope. ben fucking hope. i try to open the door but it's locked.
"ben, open the door right now or i'm going to fucking break it down." i say, calmly at first. then it escalates into the screaming.
"OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW, IM NOT FUCKING JOKING!" i yell. no answer. all i hear is y/n crying and trying to stop ben. i back up from the door and then i run toward it with the most force i've used in probably my whole life.

the door breaks down and i see the scene in front of me.

y/n crying on the bed with ben hope on top of him. i knew ben was a dickhead, but i didn't know he was this much of a dickhead. i run over as fast as i can and grab ben. i throw him on the ground and grab him by the shirt.
"touch y/n again and im going to fucking kill you." i say, trying to remain calm.

let me tell you, it was hard enough trying not to punch him right then and there. but i didn't want to cause a fight.
"understand?"
"n-yes.." he says. i let him and go and he runs out.

i turn over to y/n. he's crying. his face is covered with tears and saliva. it's also bright red. i figure that ben took off his shirt without his consent. i sit over next to him and hug him.

and i don't want to let go for at least 30 minutes.