31 - i've done it (short chapter)

suddenly he goes from angry to a million emotions at once. i can't tell whether he's angry or he's sad or whatever.

"w- what?" he says, quietly.

"it's just- charlie and james broke up," i tell him. i suddenly realize that was a completely stupid and idiotic thing for me to say.

"what?- so does that mean we have to break up as well? what the fuck are you implying?" he runs his hand through his hair in a frustrated manner and sighs.

"well maybe other than that it's also the fact that you literally kissed somebody else at the school gate!" i yell, maybe a little bit too loud than i should've. nick goes silent for a few seconds.

"no- y/n, i can explain, please,"

"i don't want to hear it! just fucking piss off!" i yell. then i push him and walk out of the room.

i run outside and out of the house and sit on the sidewalk. i suddenly realize that my eyes are tearing up and i'm literally shaking.

i'm gonna be honest. i did not want to break up with nick. i'm deeply in love with him and i want us two to be together. i broke up with nick for his own good. because i know he doesn't have feelings for me anymore. he was just too scared to tell me. i did it for him. and now everything was going to be okay, right? i did. the right thing.. right?

i just wish i had at least hugged or kissed him for one last time before i did that.

author's note

relationship angst 🫢🫢🫢 sorry not sorry (ok i'm actually sorry for this angst but dw it's only to evolve the storyline, i promise that you guys will get a happy ending)