Chapter 43

Megan

I drove the vehicle through the unpaved road and its rough surface caused slight bumps when I tried to drive fast. I cursed when another bump shook the car and looked through the rear view mirror to see the other car following behind.

"Weakling" I scoffed, "just like my stupid sister" I gritted my teeth, "like mother like daughter" I spat out from the car window feeling disgusted.

I drove through the forest humming a song to myself. I couldn't be happier. Finally I was going to end the life of the person that destroyed our peaceful lives.

Everything went wrong from the day my stupid sister became friends with him. Maddy became more and more stubborn and not a single word I said got into her head. 

We were born as twins and meant to be stuck together no matter what. I knew this would happen if I let a third person enter our little world. I never wanted that and I had Maddy like my shadow. Maddy moved when I moved and only spoke when I gave her permission.

Maddy was weak. She cared about others too much and wanted their company even when I was there by her side. I couldn't even describe how stupid Maddy was. Why would you need someone else when I was there to protect her? We were perfect! but that idiot destroyed it.

I remembered how we met them that day. Our father wanted to see that stupid tree house he built and I only agreed because Maddy begged me.

I hardly agreed with anything that Maddy wanted. She always chose stupid things.

She always buried the little birdies I killed instead of enjoying its screaming. She always cried and begged me not to kill them. But how would you become strong unless you enjoy the struggles of the weaklings?

I always made her watch when I killed them. One of the two reasons was to teach her that she shouldn't be the weak one in front of others. She could get killed if she showed them any weakness.

The second reason was not to go against me.

I didn't say out loud, but I wanted to make sure that she understood what would happen if she didn't listen to me. Weak ones always become the prey of the strong ones. And she was the weak one among the two of us.

I always kept her under my control and she never said anything even when I asked her to push that girl down the stairs. That poor thing wanted to be a friend of ours and I taught her a lesson since she didn't keep her distance.

Maddy was very obedient. She listened to every word I said and did whatever I asked. She needed my guidance and especially she needed me by her side. Without me she was nothing.

Maddy thought he was helping her. He became a friend because he really cared about her. She didn't see that he was trying to control her and he was trying to destroy the special bond we had.

She started to disobey and would mutter some nonsense like she didn't like to do it. She never knew what was best for her. And that was why I made all the decisions for her. 

So when Maddy started to behave like that I knew it had something to do with the new friend we met that day. He was pouring poisonous ideas into her head and conspired against me thinking that he could hurt me.

Huh! How wrong he was.

He was the reason why that Collin boy was dead. Since Maddy always went to his house to play, I thought he was the one who was trying to control Maddy and that day I killed him because of it. But I wasn't going to miss my chance today!

I knew killing a person would be different than killing an animal. And for that I would need a lot of strength, if not I would need a quick way to end him.