Chapter 31

I got up and stood next to the bars and pleaded with him again.

"Please, I need your help!"

He sighed and stood facing me, "What kind of help are you asking?" He looked at the other officers, but they weren't paying any attention to us, "I can't help you to get out. You have to wait until they question you. And after that they might release you with a fine or a warning"

"No, no! I'm not asking you to help me to get out" I tried to clear his misunderstanding.

"Then what do you want?"

"I want to know how the investigation is going? What did they find out? Or... or whom do they suspect?"

I put my words out carefully hoping that he would agree to tell me. I was slowly going crazy not knowing what was happening outside. I wanted to know whether they suspect Maddy or not and what really happened that night.

"Please!" I pleaded again, "I won't let them know that you helped me. I just want to know because... because..." Urgh! C'mon give me a good reason.

"Because you think this is connected to your lost memories?" Officer Leroy asked, surprising me.

What?!

"Ah...mm... yeah! That's correct." I gave him a nervous smile, "that's why. That's the reason why I need your help" I tried to assure him.

He sighed again, "Well, you're correct! This whole thing kind of connected to your past, though I'm not sure it's the same one"

"What do you mean by the same one?" This was getting more complicated.

"Why? The murderer! Collin was killed the same way. He was stabbed on his neck" Officer Leroy started while I looked at him shocked, "I thought you knew, but looks like you didn't" he looked worried now.

"I'm okay! Don't worry" I gave him a faint smile. That was why his photo was on that evidence board, "So can you tell me how the investigation is going?" I asked this time hopefully.

He nodded and I almost did a victory dance in front of him.

"So...?" I probed.

"The call came this morning at seven o' clock. They had a maid who came to the house to prepare meals and clean. And she usually started her day at six o' clock. So she was the one who called us and the first one to arrive at the scene. When she arrived at the house there was a car at the front, so she thought that boy Nick was with some girl. She walked into the house silently, not suspecting why the front door was opened. She said she cooked breakfast and called Nick to come down, but he didn't. Since Nick usually eat late, she had started cleaning the house and that was when she noticed the bodies in the media room"

"That maid didn't notice them until then?"

"No, she said she didn't"

"Hmm. So any clues or evidence?"

"That girl Lyla's phone is missing. We believe that the murderer has taken it-"

"For what?"

Officer Leroy shrugged, "She might had something that the murderer needed"

When I heard that, the first thought that came to mind was Maddy and the Memory card Lyla gave me.

I shuddered as the thought of Maddy killing someone crossed my mind. That couldn't be her. She was with me whole night. She-

I blinked a few times remembering last night's events. How I suddenly felt sleepy. How Maddy took me to her room and left me there. No! no! My memories were blurry and maybe I was imagining things. She did say that the wine was strong and she also fell asleep right after me.