Chapter 12

The first thing that came to my mind was.... nothing.

Yes! My mind was blank after what I heard.

Somebody had given them a call saying I was in danger. Danger from what? Or from who?

My eyes landed on Maddy, who stood there with a bored expression on her face. But it was her mask, a mask to cover her true feelings. I could see how anxious she was and fear ran across her eyes so many times. The knife she had was nowhere to be seen. And what ran through my mind was not fear.

I felt hurt and felt like my whole world was collapsing. Was Maddy here to kill me? Was she the danger that they talked about? But why?! Why the hell did Maddy want to kill me when we loved each other so much?

I didn't see another police vehicle parked behind Richard's car, until they got out and walked towards us. Richard went inside with two officers and searched the whole house and around our house, meanwhile Logan stayed with us studying our expressions.

"Miss. Madison, why are you here at this hour?" He turned to face Maddy.

"What do you mean why? He's my boyfriend" Maddy snapped.

But Logan didn't care about her tone, instead he kept asking questions.

"Don't you know how dangerous it is to walk around by yourself? There's a murderer out there whom we failed to catch yet" he scolded her.

"That's why I have this" Maddy smirked and took the knife out of her back pocket.

Logan's eyes widened seeing the knife in her hand and he cautiously took a step towards her putting his hand out.

"Miss. Madison, you need to give me that knife" he took another step and Maddy gripped the knife tightly.

"Why?" Her eyes glinted mischievously and a small smile danced on her lips, "do you think I came here to kill my boyfriend?" her tone was playful like she was flirting with him.

Really?!

"No! I don't know that. But you have to give me that knife" he took another step standing in front of her, "you're a suspect from now on because-"

"I have a knife in my hand?" Maddy quirked her eyebrow.

"Yes!" Logan took a thin plastic bag out of his pocket, "put that here" he gestured towards the bag.

Maddy huffed and put it in, "you're not going to find anything there" she mocked.

Logan raised his eyebrows this time, "who said I'm going to test it for something" his gaze was curious.

"Isn't that why you want to take it? to test if it has Brittany's blood or not?" she asked nonchalantly.

I sucked in a breath and Logan widened his eyes, "who said that we didn't find the weapon?" His stance was defensive.

Maddy shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. I just guessed?" Her mouth twitched.

Logan watched her for a few minutes and didn't say anything anymore. But on the other hand I shivered inside just hearing Maddy talk about a murder like it was nothing.

Did I really know about Maddy? Was I blind all this time not to see this side of her?

I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts. They were driving me crazy and I didn't want to think the girl I loved as a murderer.

It hurt to see Maddy this way and I wondered if this had something to do with her therapies. Did she have any mental illness?

My train of thoughts were disturbed by Richard who walked towards us with other two officers after their inspection. He stood by me and glanced towards Maddy before speaking up.