23

MINJEONG

I'm on my way to the cafeteria. This time I had no one accompanying me. I'm by myself, is what I thought when I remembered the promise or bind Lia made me make the other day — lunch.

As I was about to enter, there were too many fucking people. This is one of the things I hate about cafeterias. The need to get them away is high, but I decided against it.

I looked for them, and they were in the corner. Looking closely, there's someone with them. I took a moment to see her long raven hair correctly, and the only one I knew of this aspect was Yu Jimin.

I'm not going there.

Aeri dragged Ning to who knows where. It seemed hectic there. Therefore I texted Lia that I was not coming. I'd rather be somewhere than be there with her.

It's for the best.

*RING RING*

The screen lit up. It was Lia calling. I answered and slumped against the wall, for it'll be a long call.

     "You can't be seriously saying that, are you?"

     "I'm not coming. It's what I've texted to you."

     "She's looking forward to having lunch with you, Min."

I reasoned out, "Cause you told her that I would come. You let her expectations up."

     "What's the harm in having lunch with someone who confessed to you?"

    "Several harms Lia," I seriously said. "Several. Don't talk me into it. I have to go. See you—"

     "Come on, Min. It'll be fine, and I'll be there, so?" I looked at her. She was bowing down to her phone. "And you promised, didn't you?"

How far will she go for someone's sake?

I lightly chuckled, "Stop. They're staring at you."

    "What?"

    "I'll be there before you know it."

    "I'll hold unto that, Min."

She hung up.

I took my time to walk where they were. Lia ran to her seat, all exhausted. Someone's excited.

     "Sorry, it took me a while," I heard Lia say when I was nearer. "She was quite stubborn in not joining us for lunch."

Why did she have to sound like I was not coming? That dork.

I didn't sit down. I'm a few inches away from Yu. Her back was reclined, and I could tell that she was disappointed.

     "It's okay. Well, I better get going too. Math's next period."

Lia deliberately planned for this. I sighed. Luckily Yu was staring at the floor like there was some uniqueness in it. I pushed her shoulders down.

She tensed up and was unbothered to look at what was going on.

     "Min, you're smiling."

Right, Lia's still here.

     "You probably saw wrong," I stiffened my face.

She blinked, skeptical.

     "Hello, Yu," I said; she was still unfazed.

Now that's unusual.

I turned to Lia — this is a better opportunity to do so. "I'd like to talk to her. Leave us alone, Lia."