14

JIMIN

It was our free period, and so this time, I silently approached Yeji. She was drawing something in her notes. I silently watched her pull and found that she was outstanding. But this wasn't why I came up to her.

     "Yeji, are you free later?" I asked, startling her. "Sorry."

She erased something and slowly came a "Yeah."

     "Let's go on a date later."

She thought some more, then said, "Sure, why not."

Yeji held her drawing up and called someone who was at the door. "Min! Are you done? You should see what I've drawn."

Why do I always forget that they're friends? That they could talk and call each other by their first names? Here I am stuck on calling her last.

     "Wait, I'll be there," Minjeong said and faced back to the door. It seemed she was talking to someone.

Is she the one I saw with her at the mall or not? Minjeong suddenly walked in our direction. I hastily looked at Yeji's drawing.

Okay, I thought I got over it. Yet, here I am, still acting unlike myself around her.

You still like her.

Minjeong smiled. "You called for me?"

And, of course, she had the gall to ignore me as if a total nobody again. It hurt when I thought of it this way.

Yeji showed her the drawing — a cat on a swing with her human. I subtly stare at the blonde, hmmph. For a person who seemed like a dog — she indeed loves cats.

That I don't see every day.

     "You're so good," Minjeong mused.

     "No less from me," Yeji smugly said, then pointed to the bag in her hand. "What's that for?"

     "This?" Minjeong held up the bag. "It's for Jennie."

     "Well, she seemed happy these days," Yeji chimed.

Yeji seems to recognize this, Jennie. Is it her, the girl I saw? Or not?

     "It's sickening, to be honest." Minjeong scrunched her nose.

Oh, why does she have to be that cute...

I shook my head—crazy thoughts.

I'm left out.

After their talk (which lasted longer than expected), Minjeong stepped back. "You're also here?" And now she just recognized me, "Hello."

     "I've been here way before you talked to her," I mumbled, glancing anywhere except at her.

Why did it sound like I was sulking?

She didn't seem to hear it, saying to Yeji, "I'll go to my seat."

     "Sure."