20

[A little while back on Jimin's
nameless crush]

     "Ye- yes, her."

     "So are you saying you and Minjeong already hung out? That she bought you a stuffed too, and all that sappiness over the beach house — that was her?"

I nodded sheepishly, "Yeah, w- why?"

     "No, shit." Ning's eyes shook in a good way. "That person who doesn't like to go out... hung out with you? Hell, no."

     "I'm guessing this a big deal?" I found myself continuously gulping.

Ning only gaped at me.

     "Wh- what? Come on, say something."

     "Who would've thought that you fell in love with her?"

I meekly smiled.

She's completely different from me. Even I'm shocked to learn I have this feeling for her.

     "I'll help you with her," she declared on a serious note and embraced me. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

Ning's her best friend and Aeri, so it's safe to say I surely have a chance with Minjeong!

I embraced her back. "I told you she's pretty famous." I heard a scoff before letting go. "But how will you help me?"

      "You'll see it later. For now, go approach her." She winked and went upstairs. "Knowing her, being distant from someone is her self-defense. Like she was towards us before. Hard times, good thing I persevered!"

     "What?"

     "Nothing! Just go and talk to her."

—–

Minjeong kept smiling at my pictures, and it was starting to get into me – the embarrassment.

     "...no picture of us?" Minjeong muffly said.

Huh?

I decided to ask her about it, but my hitched breathing got the better of me. Only then did I ask something else,

     "Why did you avoid me?"

     "Are you interested?"

     "We- I'm... never mind."

I have been interested ever since my eyes settled on you.

—–

She wanted to go to Ning's room, but I somehow led her to my room. Seeing me unmoving, she rested on my bed. Nævis, why does she look so defenseless?! I want to see the view be- what am I thinking??

Snap out of it, and I slapped myself right.

The questions she asked came together as a fright.

How did she?!

I quickly explained my story in a hurry.

     "It means that you watching my match was intentional."

I forgot about that one! I went near her but stumbled upon some slippers.

Falling for her, I closed my eyes, thinking she would catch me. To my dismay, she didn't and left me.

She didn't even ask if I was okay?!

This hurts.

Regaining my composure, I went down. I was met with a frantic Ning. "JIMINIE, DON'T LET HER ESCAPE!!"