7

‹a new addition›

MINJEONG

After seeing Yu and her family off, I went where my family was with Lisa's — watching me with tentative curiosity.

I'm not giving them it.

I sat where I was and began to eat. Let's just say– I'm a decent pretender. I could go on for days doing this.

I felt a nudge on my right, it was Jennie. "Who the fuck was that?"

     "Language, Noona." Junkyu shushed her up then aggressively poked my left hand. "Who was that?! She's beautiful, noona! Who's she?! Tell us?"

I'm being sandwiched between two nosy persons still, but I continued to eat and eat.

And goddamn, Lisa was across from Jennie when I saw her stifling a laugh. Oh, real mature. But she's better than these two meddlesome siblings.

     "Minjeong," it was Dad with a smile etched on his defined features. "Join us later."

He's not probing for more.

I covered my smirk with a handkerchief as if wiping something before I gave a smile.

     "Where?"

     "Our place," Mrs. Manoban supplies. "It's near the shore. I'm sure you'll love it there, dear."

Jennie kicked my feet under the table. I'd fucking lie if it didn't hurt cause she used the heels.

She leaned closer to me. "Say yes, you idiot."

     "I was about to," I pinched her elbow and she let out a soft groan. "Even if some bitch kicked me."

     "Jennie and Minjeong," Mom sternly said our names. We jerked to face her. She subtly mouthed a "Manners."

We stopped in our antics. I then smiled at Mrs. Manoban who looks uncanny to Lisa-unnie. "I'd love to visit."

     "Lovely!"

     "It's good we packed before we left, Mom!"

Mom and Dad smiled at Junkyu's say then began again to talk with Lisa's parents. Lisa and Jennie were in their world — throwing hearts and shit everywhere.

I whispered to Kyu, "You meant we're visiting right now?"

     "Yeah, I called you about it Noona. You weren't listening?"

     "I did," I sighed. "Must've slipped my mind, Kyu."

Our parent's conversation went on for a long while and it struck them they wanted to go visit the place.

I should've brought my headphone or anything to cancel out their effing noise — the drive is. Two old folks with Jennie and Junkyu. Lisa insisted to offer Jennie a ride there, but as crazy as it sounds Jennie doesn't want to - her reason?

She wanted to get some answers from me. And she won't stop until I got it out for her, same with Kyu — they're crazy hell-bent on shaking me up.