6

JIMIN

I won't be seeing Kim for the next two whole days. It'll be the weekends. It churns something within me. I don't like it and it wasn't that unwelcome... Okay, I was being cautious cause no one ever made me feel something like this except for that person—

     "And what's on your mind?" Yeji sat beside me and I faced her. "Mind telling me?"

     "Just wondering about something," I frowned. "It's nothing serious. Being ignored yep, yeah, I'm fine. That smile never in my way? I'm not affected by it. I am great, Yeji."

     "You're quite in the dumps these days and with the way you talked fast, seems to say I'm right. Tell me."

     "Is it just me or is she..."

Yeji patted my shoulder. I think she guessed it. "I think you should face the reality that Minjeong is still ignoring you. Why? Is it affecting you?"

I shoved a paper to her face. "What? Of course, not. Why should I? She's no one to me and she has nothing to do with my mood. I am just asking, a question as to why she's ignoring me. She, Kim Minjeong, never affects me."

She yanked my hand away, grinning. "Sure, it sounds like you are. I am totally convinced that you aren't in any way affected by Minjeong's actions towards you."

     "Whatever," I uttered.

     "Right," Yeji grinned and mimed my, "Whatever."

Despite Yeji's teasing tone, I'm glad she didn't pry for more. She walked to her seat, which is farther now, just two chairs away from Ryujin.

It's been weeks since that happened between us. I never told anyone, it's meant for me to keep. Not even Yeji, the one who noticed my dampened mood, or Jay, who I've known the longest — I can't bring it in myself to tell them. It's my little secret, only meant for me and her.

I glanced around and smiled upon seeing her, looking so unbothered and free in a nap. Like it was the usual routine, Yeonjun woke her up and he got a good smack on the wrist.

I smiled so wide at how Kim slapped Yeonjun's wrist and the way she arched her brows at him. Now that's what you get for bothering her, jerk.

She suddenly met my gaze.

It doesn't last as she was called by Ryujin. That feeling when she had it on me felt odd and hardly enough for me.

I want to be close to her.

     "...even more so," I blinked rapidly. What am I saying?! "Yes... I wanted to be close as a friend should be! That should be it!"

Yeah, I want her to freely talk with me whenever she wants, not just inside that court. I don't like how she's treating me this way. How can she go from someone cold and snob to a person who can smile and would be actually human and talk to me inside that court?

· It's like she's restraining herself.

I closed my notepad and placed it inside the bag.

     "Quit your chatters!"

The class quieted down with Mam Jes' voice echoing inside the room.