16

JIMIN

Our faces were an inch away. With one more push, then I'll be able to capture those insatiable lips of hers.

Her brows suddenly furrowed, and before I knew it, a cool hand was on my forehead. "Why is it high, Yu?"

It's because you're too close! Your worried face is so sweet. I can now embrace you with no more restraints, Minjeong.

     "Cut! Winter, what are you doing?" Chaer moved towards us. She withdrew her hand, but I wanted it to stay there longer.

She told her, "It seems she's feverish."

     "I'm fine, Kim." I reasoned out.

Though she only sighed at my rebuttal.

I'm not because you're too close. I might collapse out of happiness at this rate.

She held my hand, helping me up. "No, you're not. Let's get some shade."

How strong is she? There was that scent of hers, and I felt myself melting. We walked to a nearby tree, and she let me sit on the grass.

     "Did you take any meds?"

No, I only need you – if I say that, what will you do? Instead of saying anything that'll raise suspicion, I mumbled, "I was fine this morning."

     "Was fine, but now you aren't," she sighed. "Stay put," she said before leaving.

I closed my eyes – it felt so good. But why is she concerned for me? I felt someone sit beside me. Still, I kept my eyes shut.

     "You broke up with Yeji?" someone asked.

I smiled, hearing it. "No, we broke up with each other."

     "Nani? It's the same thing, isn't it?"

     "No." I hummed at the memory. "I think it's different."

Yesterday, Minjeong ignored me throughout the walk until I met with Yeji in the lobby. Let's go back to what happened after that...

Yeji didn't hold my hand as we walked to the oval, and I found it very weird, considering she often had my hand.

     "Let's break up."

Despite hearing it from her, it doesn't affect me that much. However, I felt sad hearing it from her. I thought she was joking, but the look on her face said otherwise.

I asked carefully, "Is it okay now?"

She smiled, nodding. "I might or not have heard from someone that Ryujin had something going for me."

     "Then the plan did work!" I beamed at her. "I thought it didn't, seeing it lasted for months!"

     "Yeah," she mumbled, then appeared sorry to me. "I'm sorry to take advantage of you-"

I cut her off, "Don't say that! It's making me feel bad here."

     "Then why did you agree?" asked Yeji. "If you had it your way, then maybe you and Minjeong wouldn't be like this."

I smiled cheekily. "You were crying as you called me to date you."

     "I was that desperate okay?" She frowned, probably reliving the memory. "Ryujin rejected me. I had to remind her that I'll be fine, that I wasn't hurt, and that's enough of me. Continue yours."