8

‹a new addition›

MINJEONG

It was Jennie who called saying how I didn't leave without saying. Didn't the parents tell her anything?

I looked around and Jimin was nowhere to be found. She left without waiting for me to say something.

     "Anyway, where the fuck are you?! You could borrow my clothes for crying out loud!"

     "You know that I don't borrow things especially when it's clothes. I'll be back."

     "You better be. Lisa's parents are worried about you and Kyu's going haywire over here."

     "Got it," I ended the call.

Shortly, I hit up another number. While waiting for him to answer, I walked until I was a few meters away from her.

Thankfully, she wasn't that far.

     "Is this who I think it is?"

I stared at the girl who was illuminated by lit-up light posts with the moon's shine.

     "Miss Minjeong?"

She was walking nowhere near the sidewalk. Please be damn careful. I can't come to you right now.

     "Yes."

     "What can I do, Miss?"

     "Can you send a message to the Yu's to tell them their daughter is with me?"

I could hear papers in the background.

     "If it's alright with you, I can give you the head's number. Or I'll just—"

     "Send it to me."

She was about to walk — should I say bump into a light post.

     "I'll send it in a few."

     "Thank you. I'll hang up now."

—–

     "I'm fine, really. I am with her."

You were with me, Jimin.

*TING*

I pulled my phone out. It was from him and the content was a number. Well, I only hope this wouldn't bring any chaos as it is. I hit up the number and it answered after the second ring.

     "Who is this?"

I drew a deep breath. "It's been a long time, Mr. Yu." 

     "Kim Minjeong? So it was you who approached us at lunch. I didn't recognize you anymore."

     "I've grown up."

Jimin was dragged by her Mom inside. The gates were closing.

     "You're one confusing kid," a lowly chuckle. "What brings you calling me at this hour?"

     "Jimin was with me. Don't be too hard on her..." I drew a deep breath, "Please."

He chuckled, "I pity you."

     "Don't be."

     "Well, she's here. Thank you for bringing her back, Minjeong. Should I tell her—"

I cut him off even though it was quite rude. "No worries, Sir. I should go now."

Before I can end the call, he followed up on something. "If that's what you want, so be it. But I hope you'll visit us this time. Be safe until then."