2

JIMIN

I ran.

The student council who saw me coming, hasten to close the gate. Why is she the one in charge now?!

To my naught, I couldn't enter as it was close. I could only glare at Nayeon — some leader is she if she wouldn't let us enter.

     "Oh, it's Minjeong. Fancy seeing you here for a week straight," I heard Nayeon say.

Kim is here?

Glancing around, I masked an intrigued look. Who knew Kim would be this late? Cause she seemed to be a perfect role student.

     "It's the blockhead's fault," answered Kim. "I'm done so let me in."

I'm happy she's late.

Okay, it sounded like I'm wishing bad luck on her.

Nayeon slapped Kim's back — it seemed painful with how loud the slap was hurt, but Kim's expression gave nothing away.

Maybe she's good at hiding her feelings.

I should jot it down later.

     "You can stop," Kim said after a while. "Now that you settled your curiosity."

Nayeon retreated her hand, smiling. "Yep, you still aren't affected by it."

Kim shook her head. "Right."

I was about to approach her when she suddenly faced my way — I stopped.

Her lips turned up for a smile but it didn't work its way up to her eyes — it seemed out of place with her smile.

I quickly found interest down the floor.

Why does she have to stare at me like that? It was as if I did anything to her when, in fact, I didn't.

Before I knew it, I was left alone.

Kim was far ahead already. How is she so fast?!

Thank goodness, my bag's light today.

I caught up to her, smiling. "Good morning, Kim!"

She didn't spare a glance and quickened her pace up the stairs.

Disbelief, all written over me. She didn't greet me back, why? I wasn't doing anything other than greet her properly. Maybe she's in a bad mood. Or maybe she didn't hear me.

     "Yu," a soft voice called.

I blinked open to see Kim, leaning against the wall. Why does she look formal even though she was in a uniform — the same one as mine?

But seeing her this way made me smile.

Were you waiting for me?

     "I shouldn't have?"

Okay, I said my thoughts out loud. I felt my cheeks warming up.

     "You suddenly stopped... looking so pale for a moment there," she arched her brow. "Are you okay?"

      "It's un— I'm fine. Let's go, yeah." I swiftly passed her, "We um– should g, go."

My ears might be playing me, but I swore I heard a small chuckle. That I couldn't help but want to hide six feet under.

I was already at our classroom door. But Kim wasn't anywhere in sight. I can't believe I abruptly left her when she waited for me. Now she might think I'm this rude and weird person!

     "You didn't get in," with that familiar soft voice, I turned to meet her. "The teacher ain't there yet?"

I shyly shook my head. Why on earth am I still sheepish around her?! It's been days already and yet, here I am so... unlike me.