7 - Escape the Devil

It is 6:30am, I have not been asleep. Sedatives do not work after going through the wash. 😃
——

It took Adonis about ten minutes to decide that Rosabelle wrapped around his side with his kingdom watching was his favourite thing.

Every possessive bone in his body purred in delight at having her so close with so many eyes on them; that they could see how perfect she was, and that they would never even touch her.

There was great restraint on his part to not hike up her dress and fuck her in front of all of them.

The first dance was both delicious and the most excruciating thing he had ever gone through. With his rose so close to him, it was impossible to avoid his cock turning to steel - wanting nothing more than to be hurried inside her right cunt.

Her skin was just so soft and warm, and he was engulfed in her intoxicating scent. Adonis had to grit his teeth to stop himself from finding out how wet she was.

But he had more important things to do, and he'd get a chance to devour her beautiful body that night.

Adonis' night was going wonderfully, until Solomon reminded him of the meeting he was supposed to have about a certain kidnapping.

Meaning he had to leave his rose alone.

His blood boiled in protest, heart growling at the thought of leaving her vulnerable to the vultures around her. As if she would be snatched away from him the moment he turned his back.

"Are you alright?" Rosabelle's gentle voice chimed, forcing the dark thoughts away. Putting a small smile on his face, he led her towards the balcony that overlooked the outside lake.

Opening the glass doors for her and pulling back the silk curtains, he escorted her out, welcoming the breeze on his face.

"I need to handle something," he said softly, kissing her gloved hand. "It'll only be a short while, but you need to stay here."

Rosabelle didn't protest, of course. She didn't question him, instead nodding with a small smile. Her unquestioning obedience sent a flash of pleasure through his body.

He wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her against his body to taste her soft lips. When he had to pull away from her, his body protested. But the sooner he left, the sooner he could get back to her.

—-
"Explain what you know," Solomon said, mostly taking lead of the meeting. Adonis could never bother with conversing, so he allowed Solomon to take the lead unless he wanted to step in.

Adonis sat at the head of the table, a bored expression on his face. All he wanted was to know how someone had taken his rose.

"I'm telling you," the man said, "that's all I know."

He grit his jaw, sick of the boring interaction and wanting nothing more than his rose.

This unfortunate looking man was supposed to be one of the inside sources who alerted them of Rosabelle's kidnapping. For that, the man may leave the meeting with his life.

"I heard the news of her being abducted and plans of her being sold to someone for a generous amount of money," he explained for the third time.

"And you have no knowledge of the buyer?" Solomon asked in that practiced calmness. "Or how they knew of Rosabelle being out of the palace?"

"No," the man replied. "They keep their plans close to their chest."

"Well," Adonis began, standing up from his chair. "Fortunately, we have one of them."