fifteen

Manik for sure was planning to get drunk and totally wasted because too many things were going on in his life for him to stay calm. Feeling always at the edge he felt like this party was his perfect chance to forget about how much of a fucked up he was. Well it was just a plan but that was until his father decided to call him, it just made his plan into something not out of choice but something he just had to do.

Going back to where their barbecue was set up, Manik picked up a whisky bottle from there again and took a swig. A groan escaped his lips at the sensation of whisky going down while burning his throat along the way. He wanted to enjoy this moment but there he was sitting at a corner with nothing except gloominess.

"How about some drink games?" Anjali suggested with a grin.

"Yeah there can't be any party without games." Vinita joined in the agreement with enthusiasm while Aditya too nodded in agreement and because Nandini had enough of being copped up in her shell, she was ready to try things her sane and sober self will never agree too.

Everyone looked at Manik who was just listening to their conversation with a frown enacted on his face. Other contemplated whether they should ask their CEO to join them for a drinking game or not. It didn't exactly seem like a good idea with the annoyed and bored kind of expression had been plastered on their boss's face after all.

So they decided it was better to let Manik be and play own their own. They sat in a circle with an empty beer bottle lying in between. While Manik had no mood for any drunk games, heck the man didn't even feel like smiling after he had received call from his so called father. He knew that his father had been calling him since few days but every damn time he decided to drag it for as long as he could.

That was why he hadn't been picking up his calls. Though he knew he couldn't do it forever so he decided to cut himself some slacks and face his father after he was done with this trip. And he wanted to enjoy this trip and try to sort things out in his messy life like clearing air between him and Nandini but for now he wasn't just up to anything. His mood was totally ruined for the night.

So while everyone else seemed way too eager to play 'Never Have I Ever' there was Manik with a frown etched on his face and no will to have fun at the moment, he got up and left for his room. He thought that maybe it was better to sleep away his worries for now so when he reached to his room he wasted no time and pulled out his shirt over his head and threw it at some corner and slipping out of his jeans he wore boxers and dropped dead on his bed as he slowly closed his eyes.

"Sleepy already?" to say that it had Manik's eyes bulge out in shock would be an understatement if him sitting up with lightening speed was an indication. To say the least the boy surely wasn't expecting a half drunk if not totally wasted Nandini leaning at his doorframe with a whiskey bottle in her hands.

"What are you doing here?" Manik couldn't help but ask the questions he rubbed his eyes you know just in case to be assured that he wasn't hallucinating regardless of the fact that she was actually standing there but his mind just couldn't process. Drunk Nandini was indeed full of surprises, he thought.

"Nothing just thought why not we play our Never Have I Ever here." Nandini chided in her slightly slurred voice as she made a beeline towards Manik's bed where he was currently sitting and still trying to take in and process the information he just received.

"Aren't you too drunk for such game?" Manik said with a slight smile adoring his face as he found it cute the way drunk Nandini was stumbling and trying hard not to trip and fall.

"Yeah... That's why it's the perfect time." Manik stared at nandini as those words rolled out of her mouth and soon enough he felt the bed sunk next to him as Nandini sat beside him.

If Nandini hadn't drunk this much too the point of being wasted, if Nandini was sober, if Nandini was her shy and reserved self at the moment then she wouldn't even have dared to even take a step inside Manik's room but here she was inside his room and not only that but also suggesting to play a drunk game which was beyond normal. That's the thing, because she was not that Nandini at the moment.

And for once she was enjoying it.

Enjoying the confidence that came along with bitter taste of whiskey.

So at the moment she was ready to take risks.

The risks her sober self wouldn't have dared to.

But she wasn't sober...

"Nandini I don't think that's a-" Manik didn't get to complete his sentence as Nandini shushed him while Manik couldn't look away from her pouty lips and a finger on them.

"Blah blah blah- No excuses. We are playing." Manik knew he should have said no but after one glance at Nandini's hopeful eyes and he found his resolve shattering. He just couldn't find it in himself to deny this girl who was right now sitting beside him. The girl who would always desperately attempt to go far away from him, for once came to him herself. And he had no heart to send her away.

So he agreed.

He didn't know what a drunk Nandini and a game of never have I ever will bring to him but he could guess that it wasn't the best idea. The night surely was going to take turn but he didn't know if it wasn't going to be for better or it was just going to add on troubles in his already fucl up of a life. But these questions were at the furthest corner of his mind right now, all he could see and decpicutre was her next to him, only her.

+ + +

So here I am with an update. I know I know its been long since I updated last but I was busy in exams and all that stuff so yeah I was too caught up and I didn't wanted to give you guys a half hearted, rushed updated that's why I it took me long. Anyway shit is about to go down in upcoming chapters ya all.

How are you guys?? What's going on? And I wanted to say that I would really appreciate if you guys could give try to my other stories too. Hope you will like them too. Enjoy the update.