eight

Nandini couldn't be anymore happier as finally the D-DAY was only five days away. Even though Manik had still not stopped pestering her with his petty request or so - called - orders on the name of having a plastered hand. But Nandini was just too enthralled to see how the whole planning and more over the proposal will go to be too bothered by Manik's annoying behaviour.

And what could be more better than a beach for a proposal right. Specially cherry on the top was the fact that the beach they were about to set on for the proposal was the exact place where Jason and Rebecca had met for the very time. Well you can't blame Nandini when she literally screamed at the cute fact, it was something right out of those romantic movies that she is fond of to the point of obsession actually.

Right now she was packing her bags to catch the fight to California. She couldn't wait to see how this whole thing would turn out because a) she had always been a sucker for romantic proposals and b) it was her first time on working something like this, working on setting up a place for proposal. Beaches beings attraction pulling her under too.

Well everyone has a dream proposal kind of thing and she had many ideas for her's too, beach being one of them too because hey that shit is beyond romantic and cheesy always melting her at the sight of it, in movies till now. But now she had a chance to see it in person with her own two eyes and she couldn't be anymore excited as she stood in front of her closet with her hands around her waist and her eyes scanning the whole closet to decide on what dresses she was going to pack.

"I seriously have nothing to wear. Like zero freaking pretty dresses." Nandini groaned as she shuffled through her clothes but nothing seemed to be her liking at the moment because she was being too paranoid and overwhelmed over the whole ordeal. But can you blame her when it was like a once in a life time kinda opportunity to her.

"Shoot! Nandu what the - this room is mess. Are you a pigsty?!" Navya smacked Nandini when she found that apparently her best friend had emptied her complete closet and had decided to dump everything on bed and floor as Nandini stood in the middle of her room with the pile of clothes around.

"If you don't want to die you better clean it all up before you leave Miss Murty." Navya threatened to which Nandini gluped a little knowing all too well how scary Navya can be specially when things were out of place. It might be hard to believe but Navya had been a neat freak while Nandini had always been the clumsy one - throwing or spilling things around so it was a wonder how they both got along so well. Being best friends at that.

But that was understandable because even though both had their own differences still those differences were never a barrier when it came to understand each other's heart. They just had bumped in college and happened to click and till date they knew very well that they still had each other's back and will always have each other to cheer up, support or just to be there. Because that's what best friends do, being stick to each other's hip until the day they die.

"I really don't like the idea of you going with that arrogant jerk." Navya said with a sigh which she deliberately didn't try to hide because she wanted Nandini to know how disappointed she was but then again it wasn't like Nandini or she could do anything about it. When few days back Nandini told her about the supposed trip she was about to go on with Manik. She hadn't liked the idea even one bit and Nandini knew it but what could their opinion mean when CEO had already ordered.

Navya had been angry and it was building inside her rapidly that she might have eventually exploded and might have beaten the said man to black and blue plump. Well her karate lessons would have come to a good use but she restrained her self from haunting that jerk down as she had clenched her fist and had let Nandini go with Manik but not before giving her you - have - tell - me - what - the - fuck - is - going - on look to her best friend.