four

" Oh my god. What should I do? Yes Ambulance... I gotta call an ambulance. Hello... Yes.. There is an injured person..." the worried rant of the guy whom has found Manik's crashed was all Manik heard before his eyes started closing which he was barely able to keep open while blinking numerous time before the vague figure of that unknown guy disappeared and the darkness engulfed his vision. As Manik lost his consciousness. Soon enough the sound of siren cut through the painful silence, ambulance had arrived.

His unconscious bodies was lifted and put on the stretcher. The body slumped loosely while the stranger guy who helped him, followed him to the hospital to check if he was okay. Manik had injured his head when the car crashed into the pole, his head was hit with the window glass which even had caused all the bleeding. And his right hand was in a plaster right now.

"Are you okay?" Nandini asked the first thing when Manik opened his eyes. Her eyes were glossy as she tried not to shed any tears. Soha and Nandini were in Soha's car when they got to know about the news and even though now that Manik was in front of her, alive. So she won't ever going to admit it out loud that her heart was beating wildly at the news of the freaking accident that she was literally sweating buckets, had clenched her trembling hands as Soha had drove off fastly to reach at the said hospital.

Nandini and Soha had arrived at the hospital and ran to his room after asking receptionist for the room number quickly not wasting any second. It have been half an hour since they had arrived but Manik was still unconscious. Nandini stared at him and waiting for him to wake up while Soha has gone out to talk to doctor. Rare to say this but for once she wouldn't mind him babbling shit or any load of his crap instead she just wanted him to say, say anything. Never had she ever thought that she would this desperately miss his arrogant remarks or would miss his stupid ass at that.

After all wasn't he someone she hated with all her guts.

Yet here she was all worried about someone she had hated so much.

"As healthy as ever. What can happen to a hot hunk like me!" Manik attempted to sit up while trying not to make his wincing too audible. And smirked as if nothing had happened, as if he wasn't in a hospital room wearing a ugly hospital gown with his body aching. Though his smirk came off more of a painful smile. But he still tried to joke around and Nandini never had more urge to smack either her head to the nearest wall or his, and the later seemed more appealing. That guy how could he actually joke around right now.

"Yeah sure you are." Nandini muttered with a sumg look and poked his arm lightly.

"Ow Ow.. You cruel woman." Manik mumbled while pouting and his eyes glaring at Nandini.

"Well serves you right... How could you - " Nandini didn't get to complete what she was saying and her eyes going wide as she saw Manik being suddenly knocked out by a bear hug.

"Manik... Manik are you okay? You aren't hurt right? There isn't anything severe right. I swear I would have kicked your ass if you wouldn't have opened your eyes sooner you lazy moron, who did even granted you a driving licence. What are your eyes for?! That you can't even see a freaking gigantic pole. A showpiece! - " Nandini was astonished as to how Soha was able to curse after every word without even stopping to breathe.

"Ow Ow Ow. Are both of you planning to kill me for real." Manik groaned in pain due to being held so tight by his best friend. Soha let go instantly at the realisation. How could Nandini could hold back her smile that automatically creep up on her lips at Soha's worried face and how she literally had red eyes.  At the same time she wanted to laugh at their weirdly cute interaction.

"You idiot. And who was the one to mock me for my driving skills." Soha mocked her best friend and lightly flicked his forehead but made sure not to put too much pressure and get him wincing. Manik fake coughed as his ears turned red in embarrassment. He indeed remembered that in the morning he was the making fun of his best friend's driving but look at the irony now.