six

"Let me help you." Nandini cleared her throat and again took the sandwich from the plate to feed Manik. Although her cheeks were flaring red in embarrassment but she knew she just couldn't leave him starving so swallowing that bitter embarrassment down her throat she neared sandwich close to his mouth, waiting for him to eat. Manik couldn't express what he was feeling right now. He was so overwhelmed and happy that he couldn't help it but grin widely to his heart's content before taking a bite.

"This idiot!!" Nandini yelled in frustration. Manik was the one to get injured and he might think Nandini had become his personal nerse or servant rather than a secretary. She sighed in exhaustion as the boy wasn't even letting her breath for a minute. It was better to never treat him nicely. She regret feeding him that freaking sandwiche a week ago.

"Nan- Miss Murty..." and there he called for her again. She stomped her feet on the ground and walked to his cabin while faking a smile.

"Yes sir." she responded when she reached near his table.

"Can you type for me? You see typing on a keyboard with one hand isn't quite convenient." he tried to reason. Nandini gave him a curt nod and pulled a chair to sit next to him so she can help me in typing out whatever it was.

Manik was smiling as he stared at Nandini from his peripheral vision, sneakily this time. Nonetheless he could have used text - to - speech but then again it was never that accurate so editing the matter would have been even more tiring task and besides he get to annoy Manik this way, got to spend a little time with her even if it was for work.

Teasing or annoying Nandini had always been cutest part of his days. He just loved how she would huff and her red nose would flare while she would try to smile and not to chop off his head. It was cute how her face would turn slight shade of red, she was cute. The boy was already so whipped for her that everything and anything Nandini would do will melt his heart.

More whipped than whipped cream.

"Okay now finally we are done." Manik told Nandini and she couldn't be any happier. She was free just at the right time otherwise she was ready to say goodbye to her lunchtime. Nandini didn't waste any second in getting up on her feet and walking towards the door after bowing at Manik.

"Wait Nandini..." she stopped right at the door so close to opening the door and get the hell out of here and be free to devour her food but she should have known better, it wasn't going to be that easy. After all how could ever Manik idiot Malhotra let her off easy. With her jaw clenched tightly and her teeth gritting she turned around to face Manik hoping not to be shoved with some other work now.

"Yes sir?" Manik tried her best to sound sweet rather than pissed off which she felt like she was failing at miserably but hey she tried at least.

"Catch..." Manik said suddenly, startling Nandini and threw car keys at her which she somehow barely managed to get hold of with her fumbling hands.

"Will you stop shocking me like this!!" Nandini yelled at his out of blue act. She almost had a heart attack while the guy dared to smile ear to ear showing off his white teeth as if it was very funny. She wanted to tell him shoving his face in a toilet will ve even funnier but she didn't voice those words out for her better judgement.

"I can't drive with one hand." Manik replied while shrugging off his shoulders as if it was oh - so - obvious.

"How about someone else - Umm like... Yeah like Cabir." Nandini suggested wanting to find an escape.

"He is busy these days with a fashion show. Otherwise he was driving me to office then for lunch and lastly he would even come to drop me back home. Now do you want me to even disturb him when he is busy. And you know I don't have a driver I drive own my own." Cabir was a freelancer quite explanatory as to why Nandini saw so much of him wondering in Manik's office. And indeed Cabir was taking a lot of care of Manik it was hilarious how he had made that over dramatic entry with his eyes bawling out as if his best friend was breathing his last breathes instead of few minor injuries and a plaster.