eleven

"Finally..." Nandini smiled widely to herself in delight as she was finally in California. It was just too real to believe for her. It was as if she was still in daze. Even though the trip was planned and well known to her still now that she was actually here, it felt real. She was literally squealing inside but tried not to act like a crazy woman at the airport for the sake of her dignity. It was just too enthralling for her.

"Let's go to the resort. Our team must be waiting." Manik retorted while wearing his sunglasses and startling Nandini at his sudden voice.

They stuffed their luggage in the cab and drove off to the said resort at the beach. The team and them were supposed to board the same plane but fortunately or unfortunately Manik and Nandini couldn't get the tickets for themselves as the seats weren't available anymore so they had to book next flight. So the team had already reached at the resort an ago.

The car ride was salient. Neither Manik knew what to say nor Nandini could come up with something. It was just awkward because even though it was quite still the calmness was painfully shrilling as if their ears would bleed if it continued anymore. The more silent they appeared from the outside the more messed up and confused they were from inside.

Nandini still wanted to know why Manik had that locket with him, why he was giving her mixed signals. It was really playing tricks with her mind. She was so agitated due to him. Manik was just confusing her so much that she didn't know anymore what to think about him or any of his deeds. While Manik for once wanted to be honest and lay all out in front of her.

But he was afraid.

He was a coward.

He feared if he would tell her the truth then Nandini will leave him. And it will be the end of their incomplete relationship which they didn't even know how to label it anymore. What were they? Ex boyfriend and girlfriend? Coworkers? Or was it just boss - secretary relationship? They couldn't name it.

They were certainly more than coworkers, but were they really?

It was complicated. And that was why Manik do desperately wanted to leave the twisted past behind and focus on what they can be now. Focus on starting their love story from the beginning and this time with a happily ever after. While Nandini just wanted to run anyway from anything associated with Manik, she didn't want to be involved in his life more than necessary.

Because even if Manik told her that he fell for her, still there was no lie that it all had begun because of a damn bet. The Bet was the whole reason why Manik had approached her, the reason why Manik treated her like she was someone special. The Bet was the reason why she had fallen for him, and she was still bitter about that fact because it made her feel like everything between them was fake, was plotted for one ulterior motive, to win the bet.

A relationship built with the bricks of lies.

And to admit the fact that she gave all of her, her virginity to such a person. To be honest after all of this Nandini was just drained. She had become just to exhausted of relationships if not actually repulsive of falling in love again let alone with same person. She didn't want to get in the mess called dating again. Then marriage was obviously a far fetched thing.

Soul mate was nothing but a load of crap to her now.

It was ironic how their views about love have changed. Before Manik used to stay miles away from commitment or anything remotely serious in a relationship as he didn't believe in the bullshit that was forever together and all that. It was just something beautiful only in movies while Nandini who used to believe in the one would now feel like throwing up at the mere mention of love. They just had changed their opinions about it.

So they didn't say a word, only the faint music playing in the cab disrupting the ever so killing silence that had engulfed them. Their minds were put at ease when the cab finally halted. And both couldn't be more thankful for the agonising long drive to came to an end.

"Wow this is heaven..." Nandini couldn't help but be awed at the sight of the resort. The outside was looking so captivating that Nandini wondered how breathtaking the interior will be.

"Do you like it?" Nandini nodded still in daze which made Manik chuckle at her reaction. He found it cute how Nandini's eyes had become wider and were sparkling in pure joy while her lips were carved up in a sweet smile.

It really made Manik's heart skip a beat, she was just looking so ethereal at the moment as the warm hues of orange and yellow adorned her face, her sun kissed skin glowing under the sunset and Manik couldn't look away. He felt like he was hypnotised by those honey brown eyes and before he knew it, he was already drowning into them.

Her hair flowing wildly with the wind as her smile never ceased to flutter during whole time. She was busy in admiring the waves of blue sea, the sky changing colour from yellow to orange as sun was setting down while Manik was busy in admiring some other view or to be precise a person. He couldn't take his eyes off Nandini, at this moment he finally understood the literally meaning of being breath taking because she really took away his breath that enchanting smile of hers.

And he was too overjoyed to complain about it.

After what feels like eternity both Manik and Nandini snapped out of it when they heard some voices and when they turned around they saw their team coming towards them. Nandini waved at them and started to take out their luggage while Manik nodded in acknowledgment as they greeted him with his heart still beating crazily.

+ + +

Hehe so here I am with another update. Hope you guys missed me and the story. And things are going to take a turn but will it be for good or bad? Hehe let's see. Enjoy.