three

Before colliding into Nandini when Manik was outside he had seen Soha. She was sitting under a tree with her eyes closed probably enjoying the warm breeze brushing her hair tenderly and the peace that came with it. Manik quite went to her and sat next to her. Soha had opened her one eye to see who was there when she felt some shuffling beside her.

She closed her eyes again and crossed her arms while getting more comfortable when she saw that it was just Manik. For some time Manik didn't say anything and just laid there like Soha enjoying the calmness which certainly put his heart to some extent. But only to a certain extent. Still all the mess was bugging him but he thought it was better to keep it aside for some time if that means he could forget it even more few minutes or he was ready to bargain even for a few seconds as these days it had been eating him alive.

It hurts when you know you messed up.

Yet you feel so helpless at the moment.

And that was exactly how it for Manik. He knew he was at fault but the vision ahead him was blurred and totally dark, he couldn't see a way out. He wasn't able to see light glistening in dark tunnel that he was stuck in. There were times when he felt everything going down hill. But he was still waiting for light to peep through the cracks in that dark never-ending tunnel.

Because it will never be forever night.

He was still clinging to that weak straw of hope. And he believed he would see the daylight if he just hang a little bit more. After all it was never late to mend ones mistake. There would be a second for him too. A second chance at love again. A chance to hold the person who had captured his heart long time ago. It wasn't going to be an easy battle indeed but he knew it would be worth it. He knew she was worth it.

"So Mr. Romeo you okay?" Manik got startled when Soha suddenly spoke, her eyes still closed. Well the poor boy wasn't expecting for her to start talking out of blue.

"Hey... First of all I am no Romeo. OKAY." Manik tried to defend himself.

"Yeah you certainly don't give Nandini those heart eyes and I am queen of Narnia." Soha declared teasing Manik even more.

"You know you are satan." Manik countered as his ears turned red out of embarrassment. He was glad that Soha still had her eyes closed and wasn't looking at him otherwise she wouldn't have left this opportunity to tease him even more.

"Yeah evil is my middle name. Didn't you know. Now again on a serious note this time. How are you coping? You okay?" Soha interjected again and this time opened her eyes to look at him, waiting for him to say it. It was obvious he wasn't well but she didn't want to keep it to himself rather she wanted him to let it out at least in front of her so he won't be crushed underneath its weight.

"Ermmm... Just trying to get through somehow. It will alright, right Soha?" Manik stared at Soha with his eyes shining due to about - to - fall - any - moment tears.

"It will be alright." Soha whispered yet for him to be audible as she squeezed his hand in assurance. It didn't know what laid ahead. She was no super human with power to predict or look into future still she wanted to comfort her best friend and herself wanted to believe those words that left her mouth.

"Oh by the way. Your welcome." Soha added with a proud grin.

"You welcome -? For what?" Manik frowned in confusion not getting what Soha was trying to imply.

"I will be dropping your Juliet." Manik flicked her forehead at the word Juliet, Soha glared at the said boy and rubbed her forehead while continuing to shoot dagger at him.

"And thanks my dear ulgy and almost every time useless and irritating and annoying and lose screwed best friend." Manik told her with a smile feeling blessed to have such a best friend. Though soon that smile was morphed into a grin as he saw Soha's pissed face at the oh - so - good compliments he threw at her.

"You moron..." Soha yelled and started hitting him. Both ended up laughing and rolling on the ground and laid there taking deep breath as they tried to calm down.

"Bye... Don't forget not to crash into a tree while driving. " Manik said as he got up and started to walk away after dusting his clothes.

"You... You jerk. It was back in high school how could you bring it up now." Soha yelled at him while getting up too, her cheeks heating up in humiliation. Back then in high school when Soha had got bicycle for the first time she decided to ride it with Manik sitting behind her. And well then the poor girl had lost her balance and had ended up crashing it into a tree though luckily nothing serious had happened.

"Can't trust you with your driving skills." Manik retorted as he walked while laughing.

"I am very good at driving Mr. Arrogant." Soha declared loudly as Manik went inside leaving Soha standing there agitated and kicking sand in annoyance. That's how they had always been, always irritating each other.

Manik passed by Nandini quietly even when he didn't want to. But he was just trying to be a tiny bit considerate and give her what she needed most at the moment, time and distance. Now that he knew that he didn't have to worry as to how Nandini will go back so he decided to get ready and head off back to home. He also didn't want to stay that this place longer than necessary and as marriage was already over to fortunately he didn't have a reason to.

After he was all ready in navy blue shirt and jeans, he took his car keys and made a beeline to his car after bidding bye to Soha and others. Nandini was there too, not knowing what to say so both had just gave each other a nod acknowledging each other and that was that.

"Let's go back." Manik muttered to no one in particular but to himself as he ignited the engine and the car roared.

Manik was drumming his fingers on the steering wheel as he hummed along the song playing on the radio. His mobile started to ring so he picked it. But the moment he heard what the person had to say, it made him anxious. He couldn't hear the person speaking from the other side of the line any longer as he found all his talk utter bull shit which was doing nothing but putting him on the edge and getting him pissed so he declined the call.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

But the next second his mobile started to ring again. His eyes pierced on his phone as if drilling holes in it, he looked at the caller ID and it was the same person. He glared at his phone while cursing everything happening in his life when suddenly everything went blank as he lost his consciousness after his head hit the window, his car crashed into a pole and blood dripping from his forehead and turning everything red.

+ + +

Hehehe so here is another update. Thought of double updating before I take a break due to my exams. Can you guys believe two updates in a day!! If you are a regular reader you must know how much of a rare thing it is for a lazy writer like me 😂😂 anyway, enjoy.

 Can you guys believe two updates in a day!! If you are a regular reader you must know how much of a rare thing it is for a lazy writer like me 😂😂 anyway, enjoy