twelve

"Here let me help you." Nandini looked in front of her as Aditya snatched the bags from her with a grin plastered on his face. He was a very sweet and loving loving guy as far as Nandini had known him during working together all this time. And not to mention, he was handsome.

His ash-brown hair which had natural slight curls. His honey brown eyes and well she didn't actually ever believed that dimples were cute until she saw his adorable dimpled smile. But looks weren't the only thing he had, his pretty face just a bonus while he worked very hard to reach at the position where he was now.

"No Adi it's okay I can do it." Nandini insisted on  carrying the bags herself but Aditya was stubborn and didn't let her get the bags from him to which Nandini just sighed and let him do whatever he wanted.

"After all how can I let my most co-worker carry so much load with her fragile hands." and Nandini ended up laughing hysterically at his exaggeration.

Ever since they had first sat together in office cafeteria for lunch because there were no empty seats and Nandini was the only one sitting alone, so not having much of a choice Aditya had occupied a seat at the same table, tho none of them uttered a word and were quietly munching on their food.

But that was until Aditya saw Nandini reading a novel and he could help but notice the title. It was funny how same interests could bring people together. And that was what had happened with them.

Novels bought them together, more specifically Harry Potter. They were just so obsessed with it that the conversation had sparked instantly at the mere mention of it and then there was no turning back. And the friendship bloomed.

"Hahaha shut up." Nandini playfully smacked Aditya's shoulder with her eyes getting teary from all the laughing while Aditya continued to wiggle his brows animatedly.

While other's seemed to be busy with their own gossip, someone just couldn't stop glaring at the two people laughing manically and not to mention that they seemed to close to each other then he could be okay with.

Manik was shooting daggers at both Nandini and Aditya, if looks could kill they would be having funeral for two at the moment. But that was impossible nonetheless Nandini and Aditya didn't even care, they were too indulged in talking that they missed out on Manik's jealous gaze.

How did she know him?

Since when they were close?

What the fuck was Adi, close enough to call nicknames?!

Why had he been walking so close to my Nandini?!

My Nandini, Manik knew that was wrong. He couldn't claim her yet he did because he just couldn't help it. He the sight in front of him, Nandini and Aditya walking side by side while their shoulders brushing every now and then. It was frustrating. It wa annoying. He was so agitated that he just wanted to walk up to them and pull them apart and maybe throw a punch or two and Adi or whatever.

"No Manik you can't do that." he muttered under his breath with his fists clenched and jaw taut.

But hey he could always do the next best thing. So yeah he smirked to himself and increased his pace to catch up to the two apparently CLOSE FRIENDS. And instead of passing by them silently, he deliberately walked in between them shoving them apart. While Nandini and Aditya stared at him in disbelief, he just grinned triumphantly feeling proud of himself.

Unlinke other times he didn't deny it this time. He knew he was jealous and he admitted that to himself. Because somewhere he always had this insecurity that he was way to lucky to have Nandini. She was just too good for him and he didn't deserve her which always caused him fear that she would leave him one day when she will realize that. And now that she wasn't his, his insecurity had increased ten folds.