Chapter 1

"Bloody Bri! Bloody Bri!" They shouted. I couldn't stand it anymore, they just don't stop. We were changing after gym class, and I got my period. Great right? It in and of itself is terrible, but at school? It sucks. The only other thing was that I had run out of pads/tampons/anything else that could possibly help- last month, and my foster family won't buy me new ones. I can't afford them on my own.

I tried the free dispenser in the bathroom, but it was empty as well. That left only one option.

I had to ask someone else for one.

Great.

Just great.

It's terrible enough getting picked on for every little movement I make, but having to ask someone else for a tampon? That was next level.

Not all the girls pick on me, but they don't do anything to stop the one's who do. There's one girl Grace who's pretty nice, 'I'll go ask her,' I thought, stupidly... you'll see.

I slowly walk to the other side of the locker room where Grace was just finishing changing, but the only downside was that she was one of the popular girls. She didn't really act like them though. Here goes right?

"Hey, um, Grace?" I ask quietly. She turns to face me, and quietly responds, seeing how uncomfortable I am.

"Hey, Autumn. You okay?" She asks me.

"Yeah, um, it's just that, I, um, I sorta have a, um, situation..." I trailed off getting embarassed. The other girl's begin to notice me talking to their friend. But thankfully Grace got the hint right away, She dug her hand down into her bag.

"Here," she hands me a tampon and a pad, "Don't worry, I've stocked up, haha." She laughed at her joke- it wasn't good, at all, but I chuckled along to be nice. I grabbed the stuff from her hands, and began to walk away.

But just as I thought I was in the clear, that was when it started. Grace's best friend's Tori, and MacKenna, began chanting at me- specifically the word 'period' over and over. It didn't stop though. It just kept going on, and on, and on. Eventually all the other girl's joined in too- except Grace and a few other outsiders like me. The chant then morphed into 'bloody Bri', as well as 'period'.

They were all circling me too- like a mob trying to burn me to death- sorry, I have a very vivid imagination.

Anyways, I couldn't take it anymore, so doing the only thing I could think of at the moment, I grabbed the nearest water bottle, and chucked it at the light bulb dangling from the ceiling over the mob of girls- shattering it completely.

"STOP!" I screamed.

It worked. Everyone shut up. Only my plan did backfire a little- the shattered glass had fallen and sliced Tori's cheek. She was in shock- I was in shock. I stood there for a second, but then she turned to face me.

And the look- I've seen it before. My foster dad gave me that look when he was mad at me. Usually it resulted in a beating, and I did NOT want a beating from Tori Gardner.

So, I turn and run out of the locker room. Thankfully the bell rings, and I grab my bag from where I left it next to the door, and dash down the hallway to my next class, hoping Tori wouldn't come after me.

***

"RINNNGGGG"

I look up from my book, jumping, as the classroom phone rings. The rest of the kids my study hall looked over at me. I go back to my book. I'm a very jumpy person, and it did not help that the book I was reading was 'Carrie' by Stephen King. Now that I'm thinking about it- the incident in the locker rooms this morning was a lot like what happens in the opening scene of 'Carrie'.