Chapter 17

Ryan's POV:

This sucks.

Bri hasn't been problem-free for days.

First getting deported, then the window, then Joe, then this- I feel so bad, I hate seeing her in pain. The least I could do was get her more fries.

I come back and put the fries on her table. I see Niall's somehow got his guitar. No idea how her got it here. Maybe he sent one of the bodyguards to get it. But then I see someone who I haven't seen in ages.

"Dad!" I run over and give him a big hug. "I've missed you!" I say.

"I've missed you too kiddo."

Well, now I know where Niall got the guitar from.

"Where's mom?" I ask.

"Home." He tells me. "She was pretty tired from the flight."

"Oh." I say, my face drooping. I was looking forward to seeing her again.

"Bobby!" Harry yells, with his arms out. He pulls dad in for a hug. "Still no change huh?" He asks, referring to Autumn

"Nope." Niall says. "Same as always."

Bri got out of surgery yesterday morning. It's afternoon now. She woke up once or twice, but other than that she's been sleeping. And sleeping. And sleeping.

I know she's recovering, but I miss my best friend. And I hate seeing her in pain like this. Zayn's been taking it really hard. He really likes her, and he's super worried. He hasn't been sleeping the past few nights, so we had a car come and bring him back to my house to sleep for a while.

Niall and Zayn have been staying with Briella overnight. The hospital only allows 3 people to stay with her overnight so Liam, Harry, Louis, and I have been rotating who gets the last spot. I get every other since she's my best friend, and the guys rotate the other days.

"Ry?" I hear a soft voice behind me. I turn around, and the biggest smile appears on my face.

"Bri!"

*****

Briella's POV:

Ugh. My head hurts. Really bad. But I don't say anything, cause I don't wanna be up yet.

Am I still in the hospital? I don't know.

The last thing I remember is falling asleep ontop of Zayn. He gives the best hugs honestly.

"Bobby!" I hear Harry yell. My headache just got a lot worse. Thanks Harry. But he shouted 'Bobby' - so I think Bobby and Maura are back from their trip or whatever it was.

Wait- what day is it? My stomach hurts too. What happened while I was sleeping?

I slowly open my eyes. Gosh, those lights are bright. I squint my eyes for a minute 'til they get used to the lights. Ugh, they're being too loud.

"Ry?" I say softly, spotting my best friend near me. She turns around and a huge grin appears on her face. Why? I was just sleeping.

"Bri!" She screams. I flinch. Okay- that was way too much noise for my ears, and headache to handle.

"Shhh!" Bobby tells her. So he is here. Maura isn't though. Interesting.

"Hi." I whisper to him.

"Hi." He whispers back. "I heard there was an incident."

"Hmmm, perhaps." I joke, still whispering.

"Hey." Harry says. "We've missed you."

"I missed you too. Just, um, can you guys be quiet? I have a really bad headache." I tell them

"Sure." Harry whispers, the others nod in agreement.

"Do you remember anything that happened?" Niall asks, sitting on the edge of the bed. I scrunch my eyebrows. "After Zayn told you about Joe." He clarifies after a minute.

"Oh, uh, no?" I say hesitantly. "The last thing I remember is hugging Zayn, and then umm, I think I fell asleep, and that's it until now." I tell him. What happened?

"Well, that was 3 days ago." Harry tells me. "We all came back that afternoon and you were sleeping on top of Zayn." I blush a little. Oops- didn't mean to do that. "And you slept the whole rest of the day."

"The next day Zayn and I had stayed behind while the others went to lunch with Simon. That afternoon you rolled over, and we saw that you were covered in blood." Niall says. Ugh, again? "We called for a doctor, and pulled back the covers to find that your incision had re-opened. Like, all the way."

"Wait- so you saw my... insides?" I gulp as he nods. Yeah- never getting over that.

"The doctors operated to fix it and you got out of surgery yesterday morning." Ry tells me. "You woke up once or twice, but then fell back to sleep 5 minutes later."

"I got here last night." Bobby tells me. "You haven't woken up until now." Wow. That's a lot of information to take in. Well- it explains why my stomach hurts, but not my head.

Ryan walks over and peeks her head out of the doorway, and says something to a nurse. She comes back, and five minutes later Dr. O walks into the room.

"Well, hello there Miss Sloanne!" She says cheerfully. I squeeze my eyes shut. She's almost as bad as Harry. "Headache?" She guesses, lowering her voice. I nod my head to confirm.

"My stomach really hurts too." I tell her.

"Alright, well I can prescribe some pain-meds to help with that. Sound good?"

I nod my head again. I should probably tell her that I can't swallow pills- ugh but I don't want to. It's too embarassing. Even Ry doesn't know. Whatever, she needs to know.

"Dr. O?" I say quietly. Miraculously she hears me, and I wave her closer to me, I sit up a little and whisper my secret into her ear.

"Alright, well I have a solution for that." She smiles at me. "I'll be back later to check on you again." She smiles at everyone and walks out of the room.

Harry gets really close and whispers, "What'd you tell her?"

I get close to his ear, as if I'm gonna tell him, and whisper, "None of your business!"

"Awww, but I wanna know!" He complains.

"Too bad!"

"Ugh, fine." He pouts, sitting down in the chair in the corner.

I guess the found the guy's stolen cafeteria chairs as they were no longer in the room- or we were in a different room. That seems more likely.

"Hey." I hear a voice coming from the door. I look over and smile. He smiles back.

"Hey."