Chapter 3

I'm living with Niall Horan.

It all makes sense now.

Why Ryan never told me her last name.

Why I've only ever spoken to her family over the phone, and never on FaceTime. And only for very brief periods of time.

But most importantly- (at least at the moment) why we were in the middle of a seemingly empty airport at 3 in the morning. Niall couldn't be spotted.

"We should get going, we need to sign those papers." Bobby said.

"Yeah, I have uh instructions for that... I think" I tell them, pulling out a crumpled piece of paper from my sweatshirt pocket. Maura reaches out and grabs it from me.

She reads it over with an emotionless expression on her face. When she doesn't say anything for a minute, Niall takes the paper from her.

"Mom you shouldn't try reading when you don't have your glasses." He told her, reading over the paper. "Oh I know where this is."

"Great, let's go then." Bobby turns the other way and starts walking, everyone else follows him. I pick up my garbage back of stuff and run after them.

*****

We leave the new lawyer's office about 2 hours later, and then head back to the airport to board the flight back to Ireland.

It's much busier this time, but still relatively quiet. Niall pulled the hood up on his sweatshirt, and he hasn't been noticed so far. People are probably more concerned with the strange girl lugging a trash bag through the airport through the airport. Or maybe with the fact that the trash bag is starting to fall apart. My luck is just great right?

We got on the plane and took our seats about three-quarters of the way back. Niall, Ryan and I are on the left side of the aisle, Niall next to the window, me in the middle, and Ryan on the end, and Maura and Bobby on the right side with someone else I don't know.

This is the craziest few days.

Day 1: I get pelted with pads and tampons, I get informed that I'm being deported, I sleep at a police station

Day 2: I leave the country, and find out I'm living with Niall Horan from One Direction

Day 3: I'm sitting on a plane between my best friend, and her famous brother.

This is definitely not how I thought my life would turn out after my parents died.

The plane begins to move, and I dig out my headphones, and fall asleep listening to Joe's playlist again. I miss him already.

It's honestly quite astonishing that Joe wanted to date me of all people. He's the star of the football team, and an amazing writer. Every girl in the school wants to marry him. I'm just the homeless foster girl who's parents died, and who is obsessed with theatre. No one wants a theatre kid usually. We all are pretty lonely most of the time, that's why we're all such good friends.

But he chose me. And I love him for that.

We land at about 13:00, and the airport is absolutely packed. Niall pulls the strings on his sweatshirt tighter, and helps me with my practically shredded trash bag of belongings. Ryan trails behind us, picking up anything that falls out, and we rush through the airport to the car waiting for us outside. After that it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive to Mullingar where they live.

"Greg moved out about 6 months ago so you can stay in his old room." Ryan tells me. "There's only a bed in the right now, but we can go shopping this weekend if you want."

Not gonna lie I kind of forgot that they had another brother.

"Thanks." I tell her. "And thank you, all, for letting me stay with you guys, you really didn't have to."

"It's our pleasure." Bobby tells me, "You really helped out Ryan when she was in America, and it's about time we did the same for you."

We pull into the driveway about 10 minutes later, and their house is small, in width, but makes up for that in height. There had to be about 4 stories. It's pretty quiet here, I can see why Ryan loves it so much, it's beautiful. It's not what I'm used to, but it's nice.

Ryan was right, my room only consisted of a bed, but that's more than I can say for the rest of my foster families. A lot of time I just slept on the floor. Sometimes even outside.

I threw my shredded trash bag on the floor, dug through it to find something to sleep in, and went to bed.

*****

The next morning, I woke up to a lot of noise downstairs. My stuff was still thrown across the floor, so I pulled on the closest pair of pants I could find, and pulled on my mum's old red hoodie. I threw my hair into a messy bun, and went downstairs.

Ry was screaming something at Niall in the living room, so I quietly slipped into the kitchen. Bobby was cooking breakfast, so I sat down in one of the counter stools, picking up the newspaper thrown on the counter.

I flipped to the crossword section, and was relieved to see no one had done it yet. The crosswords were always my favorite. Bobby turned around and put a plate of pancakes on the counter next to me.

"Good morning!" He said cheerfully. "How'd you sleep?"

"The best I've had in a while actually." I replied. "Do you have a pen by any chance?"

Bobby hands me a pen from the drawer, "Niall likes the crossword too. They're in the living room by the way."

"Yeah I know. I heard Ry yelling so I didn't wanna interrupt."

Bobby gives me a strange look, and then grabs my hand and walks into the living room.

"Stay here for a minute." He says, positioning me out of sight against the wall, next to the doorway into the living room. "Hey!" He shouts, walking into the living room.

All the noise stops instantly, and I hear so mumbling through the wall. I can't make out what their saying, but I heard someone say my name so I assume it's about me. But now that I'm thinking about it... there was too much noise for only Niall and Ryan to be in the room. Who else was there?

Bobby came back out and motioned for me to follow him back into the living room. I followed, looking down at the floor the whole time.

"Everyone, this is Briella." Bobby introduced me to whoever else was in the room.

"Hello."

"Nice to meet you."

"Cheers."

I heard voices overlapping each other.

'Crap' I recognized these voices too. Was it really who I thought it was? I looked up and proved my assumption to be correct.

Ryan and Niall were sitting side by side on the couch near the window. And in front of the fireplace, facing me, were four, handsome, boys.

One Direction.

***************

Author's Note:

Hey all! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm trying to make it more eventful, so bear with me as I think of ideas.

As always, please comment and thoughts, ideas, or opinions that you have!!

Love ya! <3 :)