Chapter 25

Zayn's POV:

I can't sleep. I keep thinking about Bri. How we layed together for hours- passed out in a burning building. How she moves closer to me, and layed against me for hours. How I carried her time and again.

How I couldn't tell her I loved her back because I would mean it in a different way than she did.

I don't know what's different about her than other girls, but there's something about her that's just luring me in.

I get up and walk out to the back deck to sit for a while. I plop myself down in the giant hammock and I lay there for a while, staring up at the stars.

An idea comes to me. I start thinking, and I grab a loose piece of paper from my back pocket. I find a spare pencil near the door, and start jotting everything down.

I think I fell asleep at one point, because the next thing I know the guys and Ryan are all standing over me, watching me sleep.

"Ahh!" I scream, and fall out of the hammock. Niall starts cracking up. "What are you doing??"

"Do you know what time it is?" Louis asks.

"No? What time is it?" I ask him sarcastically.

"ITS LUNCHTIME YOU IDOT!" He screams at me. Niall starts laughing even more.

"Dude you've been sleeping for hours. Niall's parents left you breakfast but then he ate it." Liam tells me. Oops.

"I guess I was just tired." I say, climbing off the floor. I shove the paper and pencil back in my pocket, hoping no one will notice.

A phone starts ringing, and we all check our phones. It's Liam.

"Hello?" Liam puts the phone to his ear. "Hey, Simon... mhm...okay...yes, yeah we understand." Liam looks at us and gulps. "Thanks, bye."

"What happened?" Harry asks. I feel my heart drop. Shit- I know how this is gonna end.

"Well, um-" Liam starts.

"He wants us to go back on tour. Tomorrow, I presume?" I cut him off.

"Yeah." Liam nods.

"Is he insane?" Louis exclaims, "He does realize one of our best friends just got out of the hospital- right?"

"He says he sent a car to come get us in the morning. Our first stop is Italy." Liam tells us.

"You can't leave!" Ryan yells. "What about Bri?"

"Well- she can sort of walk right?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, why?" Niall tell him.

"Then why doesn't she just come with us?" Harry asks. Yes! We have to do this! We can't leave her behind.

"Because we can't just brin-"

"Why not?" I cut Liam off. "I'd prefer to stay back with her but that doesn't seem possible, so why doesn't she just come along? You know she would do the same for you." I argue. There's no way I'm leaving her behind.

"I think she should come." Niall says, breaking the silence.

"Me too." Louis says.

"So, Liam? You in?" Harry asks.

Liam runs a hand through his hair. "Yeah. I'm in."