Chapter 4

One Direction.

Is. In. My. House.

This is absolutely insane.

I don't even know what to say, or do. Right now I'm just standing here like a complete idiot staring at them.

Harry breaks the silence, introducing himself, and then, Louis, then Liam, then Zayn. Zayn smiles at me, and we make eye contact for a second.

Ryan breaks the uncomfortable silence, proclaiming that it is time to eat breakfast. I quickly walk around Bobby and follow Ry into the kitchen, with everyone else trailing behind. I take back my seat at the counter, scoop 3 pancakes onto my plate, and continue working on my crossword.

Niall takes the counter seat on the end, and Zayn takes the seat next to me. Ryan, Harry, and Liam take seats at the table, with Bobby and Maura, and Louis stands at the counter opposite from me.

I can feel them all staring at me, but if I've learned anything from school, it's to just ignore them. So I keep concentrating on my crossword.

'5 down, European Boyband, 12 letters.' One Direction. Of course it's One Direction. I don't want to write it.

Niall also seems to know what it is. "Oh, 5 down is-"

"I know what it is." I cut him off.

"She speaks!" Louis yells. Gosh he's loud. Niall piles 3 more pancakes on his plate.

"Niall you eat too much!" Ryan yells at him.

"I don't care!" Niall yells back.

"Where are you from?" Liam asks me.

"Uhhh long story." I tell him.

"Ooh now you have to tell us!" Louis states. "You can't just avoid the question, it's the rule."

"What are you talking about? I don't have to answer." I refute.

I really don't want the most popular boyband in the world to know that I was deported. Having Niall and Ryan know is bad enough.

"It's the unspoken rule." Harry explains, "If you're asked a question and give an answer that lets you avoid actually answering the question, then you have to answer it."

"Then I'm breaking the rules." I say sarcastically.

"Why won't you tell us?" Zayn asks, "It's just a simple question."

"Not for me it's not."

"I can tell you." Ryan says jokingly. But the boys do not seem to be in the joking mood this morning. They are dead serious about finding out the answer to this question.

Niall lowers his head and focuses on eating his pancakes. He sure likes to eat a lot. But the boys notice how quiet he'e being.

"Wait a minute- Niall knows!" Louis squeals.

Damn it.

"No! I'm not telling you!" Niall yells, shoving 2 whole pancakes in his mouth at once to avoid answering the question.

"England." I say quickly and quietly, to save Niall from having to answer. No one heard me, except Zayn.

"England?" He repeats quietly while the rest of the boys torment Niall for the answer. "But, then why is your accent American?"

"It's a mix between American, and British actually, but anyways, I moved there with my parents when I was six, but they died, and my foster parents kept sending me back so they deported me back to England, and then Ryan said I could stay here." I explain quietly.