Chapter 13

I'm so bored.

I've been stuck in this stupid hospital bed for 3 days. I can't roll over, I can't sit up.

I can't even go home for another 2 days.

I. Am. So. Bored.

"Hey!" Ry says strolling into the room with one arm behind her back. "Guess what I got you!"

"Ummm, a leave the hospital 2 days early pass?" I guess, being overly optimistic.

"Uh, no." She shakes her head. "Guess again."

"Uhhh, a leave the hospital 1 days early pass?" I guess, losing hope. Even and hour early pass would help me at this point.

"A leave the hospital 0 days early pass," My face drops, "And..... a plate of extra salty chi-"

"FRENCH FRIES!" I scream before she could finish her sentence. "Thank you SO much."

I snatch the plate from her and shove a handful of fries in my mouth.

"What's he doing?" Ry whispers, motioning to Zayn, who was sitting in the corner with a pen and a scrap piece of paper.

"I don't know. He's been sitting there for the past 2 hours." I whisper back.

"Oh wait, never mind I know." She says in a normal voice.

"What?" I ask. I wish I knew him as well as she did. She didn't even have to ask anyone and she figured it out in a split second.

"Nothing, never mind." She smiles at me and walks away, grabbing her satchel from her place on the doorknob. She still has school today unfortunately. Leaving me bored and lonely once more.

"Zayn." I say, and he looks up from his paper. "Want a fry?" I hold the plate out to him.

"Sure." He says, and walks over to my bed. He sits next to me on the edge and takes a few fries.

"What are you doing?" I ask, pointing to the paper and pen that he left on the chair.

"Nothing." He responds. He's so talkative.

"Oh come on!" I burst out.

"What?" He asks, confused at my outburst.

"I've been sitting in the stupid bed for 3 days! I can't move, I can't go to the bathroom, I can't even sit up! I'm bored out of my mind, and your just sitting there for hours doing 'nothing'." I rant to him. "I'm going bored out of my mind! I need to do something or I will quite literally go insane, or die. Of boredom."

I take a deep breath and sit back, trying to calm myself down. I eat another French Fry.

Dr. O'Sullivan walks in with her interns for morning rounds. I call her Dr. O cause her name is so long.

"Who wants to present?" She asks the group. Of course they all raise their hands.

When she's not looking I take the plate of fries and slide them under the blanket. She wouldn't like that I'm having extra salty french fries for breakfast.

One of the interns starts rattling off my information, and I tune them out. Dr. O walks over to me and acts like she's checking my BP. I try signaling to Zayn to hide the fries, but he doesn't get the message. When I'm not expecting it, Dr. O pulls back the blanket and find the fries.

Dang it.

"Well who knows what this is?" Dr. O asks the interns, displaying the plate of fries to them.

"Umm, chips?" One of the interns says, hesitantly.

"French Fries." I correct her. "Extra salty." I add I second later

"Oh, even better." Dr. O says sarcastically. "Why are you eating extra salty, french fries, for breakfast Briella?" She asks me.

"Because! I'm going out of my mind! Ry's in school all day, my boyfriend is M.I.A., and the guys are working all day, doing press and whatnot. This one volunteered to stay with me, but he just sits in the corner all day doing God knows what. I am going insane!" I yell at her. She smiles sadly at me, and I use that opportunity to snatch back my fries.

All of a sudden there's a loud crash outside.

"RUN!"