Chapter 36

I dial Ryan's number for like the 13th time. I know the time zones are different. And she has school or whatever. Shit- speaking of school I should probably do some of the work they sent...

Anyways I sit on my bed with my legs crisscrossed and try calling Ryan again. 5 minutes later when she still doesn't answer I finally give up. I should probably make some more friends. I would always go to Ryan when something big happened. Or Joe. But usually it was about Joe. Now I have no one to tell about what happened with Zayn. I'd tell the guys but they already know since they helped plan it.

I lean back against the headboard and flip through the tv channels. I find some Italian version of Harry Potter and decide it's good enough. I trade my denim shorts for red and white flannel pajama pants, and my green tank top for a red one. I walk into the kitchen and microwave a bag of popcorn. I make a second bag for Niall and the other guys (mostly for Niall) and leave it on the counter.

I play with the remote for a little while trying to find the button for subtitles. I couldn't find it so I settled on watching Italian Harry Potter. It was Goblet of Fire though, which is my favorite, so I already knew most of the dialogue.

Towards the end of the movie Ryan finally calls me back.

Phone Conversation:

Briella: Ry! Finally! I've been trying to call you for hours!
Ryan: Sorry! I was helping mu-
Briella: *cutting her off* Yeah whatever- you'll never guess what happened!!
Ryan: Oh my god! Did the freaking pigs fly?!
(A/N: if anyone can guess the reference *it's from a musical* I'll give you a shoutout ;)
Briella: Haha, no- but I appreciate that reference. Zayn asked me out!
Ryan: Ugh finally! If he didn't do it soon I was gonna do it for him.
Briella: Wait- you knew??
Ryan: I knew from they day you guys met. It was pretty obvious you guys had feelings for each other. We all figured it was just a matter of time till you guys went out.
Briella: ...wait so you're saying he's liked me since we met- and you knew the whole time, and NEVER MENTIONED IT?! Ryan what the hell!?
Ryan: What?! He told me not too! Anyways it was pretty obvious- we all thought you knew.
Briella: Do you know me at all?
Ryan: Haha good point. Anyways- what'd you tell Zayn?
Briella: Yes.
Ryan: YAY! Oh my god I wish I was there to hug you right now!
Briella: *sadly* I wish you were here too. When do you get out of school?
Ryan: A few weeks. I'll be done in time to join you in America though.
Briella: That's great. Well- I gotta go. I'm very busy watching Italian Harry Potter, haha. Love y'a Ry!
Ryan: Haha, love y'a too! Oh- and tell Niall I said 'hi' would y'a?
Briella: Sure.
Ryan: Thanks- bye.
Briella: Bye.

End of Conversation

I hang up the phone and shove a handful of popcorn in my mouth, staring very intently at the screen. I hear the boys shoving each other in the door- everytime guys? Really? I ignore them and focus on the tv.

"Briella?!" I hear Liam shout.

"What?!" I shout back. A minute later Liam and Harry shove past each other into me and Zayn's room. Oh wait- I get the setup now.

"Watcha doin'?" Harry plops himself down next to me and takes a handful of popcorn.

"Hey!" I slap his hand, making him drop the popcorn all over the bed. "I made you a bag it's on the counter." I pick up the dropped pieces of popcorn and put them back in my bag as Harry and Liam race to the kitchen. I can hear them shouting at each other and decide to turn up the volume on the tv- even though I can't understand them anyways.

"What are you watching?" Liam asks walking on with the bag of popcorn- a mad looking Harry trailing behind him.

"Some Italian version of Harry Potter." I tell him, shoving more popcorn in my mouth.