Pansy! Luna's eyes flew to Malfoys but he held no emotion, he didn't even look to Pansy as she rushed after the giant. No, his eyes were glued to the fallen Slytherin tower. Malfoy knew something but then again Luna knew something, whether she believed it or not. McGonagall summoned a stool and stood with the help of another Professor and she stood tall over all the other students. Her nightgown blowing in  the dark around her and her hair covered by a white bonnet. Her wand was held tight to her side as she spoke.

"What has happened today is frightful, we understand! But it was not an attack. We have located the source and it was due to an unfortunate mistake, after the war as you know the school had to be rebuilt and the Slytherin tower was the last and most rushed. We can assure you this will never happen again and you are safe! As you can see, the Slytherin tower was the only to be harmed. But for this night only, we shall all sleep in the Great Hall together." The tremble in McGonagalls voice seemed to fool everyone, no one doubted her, no one but Malfoy and Luna.

Malfoy scoffed as McGonagall climbed down after doing a spell to make sure everyone else was safe and Luna still staring at the castle asked, "Is she wrong Malfoy?"

Malfoy turned to look at Luna but Luna didn't return the look, instead she stayed where she was and felt Malfoy shrug.

"We should go inside." He muttered taking a step forwards following into the Great Hall but stopped turning back to face Luna noticing she wasn't moving, her eyes hadn't even left the tower. "Come on Lovegood."

Draco walked back standing in front of her and slowly taking her hand leading her inside slowly but Luna's eyes stayed glued to the tower as she stumbled towards the Great Hall until she looked at Malfoy and weakly smiled.

"Ok." she whispered but she was in that state, the state as if her body was there but she wasn't yet she followed behind Malfoy once he let go of her hand and laid down on one of the free mattresses on the ground towards the end. Malfoy lay down on a separate one on her left and Luna stared up at the ceiling.

Most students were sharing mattresses shaking and crying, for once she was glad no one noticed her it meant she didn't have to be completely alone at this time.

She turned to her side to face Malfoy and his eyes opened feeling her gaze on him.

"What was it like?" She whispered joining others as they whispered to their friends and Malfoy frowned at her for a second before letting out a breathe and rolling his eyes.

"Its was . . ." He looked away, his eyes blurring slightly and Luna knew, he was no longer that soft boy who hugged her back, he was trying to stay the normal hard Draco Malfoy but it didn't stop her from asking and it didn't stop him from answering. After all, fear changes someone in the moment and then after, they have no choice but to return to their solid self. "It was frightening. I was trapped."

Luna's eyes widened but Malfoy wouldn't look at her.

"When I heard the screaming, I got up but I was shoved to the floor and bricks blocked my path. I would have died if Blaise hadn't stopped and helped me up, if he hadn't moved the rocks with his wand." Luna wanted to reach out and touch him, to run her fingertips over his tired eyes but she held back, they weren't really friends yet no matter how she wanted to see it.

"Blaise?" Luna had never really known Blaise and she was confused yet courius but Malfoy turned his back to her and ignored her question.

Yep, that was it. Draco Malfoy was back to his normal self, well as far as normal was to him this year.

~~

Class had started as usual, all of the Slytherins belongings had been replaced and kept safe somewhere else as McGonagall thought of a plan to put them. Gryffindor was more annoyed at the thought that they might have to share their common room with another house and with their enemy.