66

"Are you ready to let go yet?"

"Not a chance."

"How about now?"

"Nope!"

(Y/N) laughed as she rested in the embrace of the Madrigal boy. Though she thought the hug lasted a bit too long, she enjoyed the feeling. It was as if being wrapped in a bubble of love and care."I know you weren't gone long. But you have no idea the kind of thoughts that ran through my head the whole time."

"Really?" She asked as she pulled back to look at her face.

"Yes. I know that Enrique is no longer our enemy, but I still fear for my family, and you too." He caressed her face gently with the back of his hand. His face suddenly hardened into a scowl."It doesn't stop me from hating him, either."

(Y/N) pouted slightly."I was afraid you'd say that." She muttered.

"Did you expect anything different? Don't you know me?" He grins cheekily.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," she met his gaze again, pecking his lips."But don't be too harsh on him. Honestly, I'd forgotten how innocent and sweet he use to be when we were younger. When I talked to him, all I could see was his ten year old self."

Camilo audibly scoffed. (Y/N) looked up and caught him as he rolled his eyes and turned his head.

"Hey, relax."

"Forgive me if I don't believe a word of it. He's been a scumbag since I met him, so my perspective is much different than yours." He spat.

"Yeah, but-"

"Did you forget that quickly? He killed my cousin!" He exclaimed. (Y/N) was surprised by him raising his voice at her. His usual gentle personality seemed to have disappeared."If you choose to be friends with him again after all of this, I'm proud of you for being so forgiving. But I'm not. So, please, don't expect that of me, because you'll be disappointed."

She nodded frantically."I know, I understand. I didn't mean to imply that I wanted you two to get along. I'd never expect that." She explained, grasping his hand firmly to keep him close."Please don't be mad."

Camilo's face softened, his eyes tracing over her fearful expression."I'm not mad. Sorry I yelled at you."

He took her in his arms again, resting his chin on her head."So, where should we start?" He asked.

"I guess we gather your family and tell them first. I don't want to involve you guys anymore, but I know I can't do this on my own." She admitted."I have no idea where to even start. I hate bugging you and your family to use your gifts-"

"Stop." He cut her off."You're not bugging us. That's why we have these powers in the first place, to help those in need. I'm more than happy to use my power to help you, my love. Don't ever feel like you're a bother to us."

*Creak, tap, tap*

"See, even Casita is happy to help."

"Thank you both!"

The family was called to the dining table once again for a meeting. (Y/N) joined Alma at the end of the table to face everyone present."Is everything alright, (Y/N)?" The older woman inquired, brushing her brown hair behind her ear.

"Not exactly. It will be soon, I hope." She tried to hold an optimistic smile.

"We will help you in any way we can. We've already learned that Camilo will stop at nothing to keep you safe." The two of them glanced at the boy in question, sitting with his elbow on the table and chatting with his cousin Luisa across from him. He looked their way, flashing a smile and a wink at (Y/N).