21

The party ended when the guests couldn't dance anymore, which was quite late into the night. The morning was growing closer and the last of the cleaning was being done.

Luisa carried the heavy tables back to their rightful spots after all the food and dishes had been cleaned off."Isn't Camilo supposed to helping?" She wondered as she searched for her cousin who wasn't in the room with them.

"He's outside with his girlfriend!" Mirabel giggled.

"Awe!" Dolores, Luisa and Isabella chimed."Shh. I can hear them." Dolores whispered. The girls gathered around her so she could relay their words.

Outside on the terrace, Camilo and (Y/N) leaned against the rail, looking up at the sky, the stars sparkling in the night.

"So...that lady is your mom, but not? I don't understand." Camilo says, gently squeezing her hand. Their palms were sweaty from holding hands so long, but neither cared.

"Yeah, but it's not that complicated. She left the Encanto when I was Antonio's age. She had a dream of becoming a world class chef, and pursued it relentlessly. She left me with her mentor, Angelo, and I grew up calling him abuelo." She explained.

"She left her own daughter behind?"

"It wasn't so bad," she shrugged."I was left with the best guardian possible! And she wrote to me on the first of every month just to catch us up. I missed her more when she wasn't here, but when she got back, I was just...angry."

He nodded as he followed along with her story."I'm sorry."

"No need to be. I'm fine with how things turned out. It might've been worse if she stayed. She's not fit to be a parent, she admits it." (Y/N) smiles up at the sky."I prefer things this way. My abuelo is the best, and the only family I have. And I'm okay with that. I don't need a massive family to be happy."

He fell silent, intimidated by how complacent she is. She looked up at him, seeing his expression."N-not saying that a big family is bad! That's not what I meant!" She waved her hands around frantically as she back tracked.

He chuckled, leaning down to peck her lips."Sorry...I couldn't resist."

"Were you even listening to what I said?" She poked his nose.

"Of course I was. I just wanted to kiss you." She rolled her eyes at his flirtatious smirk."I know what you meant. I'm just glad you're happy." He pulled her by her waist, making their bodies touch as he rubbed their noses together.

After a moment of silence, Camilo looked toward the door to the terrace, seeing a piece of white cloth poking around the corner."Dolores, mind your business!"

The cloth disappeared as they heard scampering foot steps on the other side of the wall.

"Jeez, I live with a family if stalkers." He mutters, (Y/N) giggles at his remark.

"Hey," they hear from below the balcony. They look over the rail to see her abuelo, her mom and Gonzales."You two done making out yet?!"

"Shut up, Maria!" (Y/N) shouted.

"What'd you say to me, you little sh-"

"Maria, relax. Let her take her time." Abuelo calmed her down, smiling his sweet old man smile as he patted her back."Mi pequeña princesa is in love for the very first time. Let her enjoy it."

"Mi pequeña princesa." Camilo whispered in her ear, warning a nudge to the shoulder."That's so adorable!"

"Shut up." She blushed, burning her face in his chest.

"Are you in love with me, princesa?"

She only groaned, not wanting to use the word love. She laughed as he poked her sides, tickling her in sensitive areas around her waist.

"Huh? I wanna hear you say it. Tell me you love me, princesa." The tickling became more intense, her laughter grew louder until he finally stopped. He gripped her wrists and looked her in the eyes."Do you?"

"Yes, of course I do." She answers with no hesitation. Her smile made his heart melt like butter on a hot day."I love you, Camilo."

Their foreheads touch, he snakes his arms around her waist yet again before pressing his lips to her.

Maria scrunches her face in disgust as she watches.

"Aren't they adorable?" Abuelo asks. Gonzales neighs as if to say yes.

"No." Maria says. She jumps when she feels the horse's nose punch her in the back."Alright, fine, they're cute! Sheesh."

Their kiss broke, but they remained in each other's embrace for a few more moments before the terrace door opens.

"Abuela says it's bedtime." Dolores whispers.

"Five more minutes?" He asked.

"You said five more minutes two hours ago. It's bedtime." She laughed. With a sigh, Camilo kissed her one last time before everything her inside, downstairs and to the front door. Dolores stood and watched to make sure he was saying goodnight.

She both Camilo and his sister before she mounted Gonzales and went home with her mom and abuelo.

"I'm so proud of you, little bro." She nudged him with her elbow. He enjoyed the praise from his sibling and smiled."Thanks." He replied.

"So, when's the wedding?"

"Oh, shut up."

If you made it this far, I want to thank you for reading this...piece of garbage, honestly 😭.

Idk, I just had a story brewing in my head and had to write it out. I hope you enjoyed it somehow. I think it's cute 💖

I may add more if anyone wants me to. Leave suggestions if what you'd like to see if you'd like me to make this book longer. But for now, I think I'm done.

Bye! ٩(ര̀ᴗര́)