18

Mirabel notices the sudden stop of the rain and looks up to the blue sky. With a smile, she turned to her sister and father."They found him. He's okay." She says. Isabella sighed with relief, as did her father Augustin.

"Thank goodness." He rests his hand on his chest.

"Mirabel!" A tiny voice called to her. She turns to see Antonio running towards her, (Y/N) walking behind him. She bends down to hug him, but sees a scared look on his face."Where's Tia Julieta?!"

"Why, what happened?" Isabella asked.

"I found my friend, but...he's hurt badly!" Tears pricked at the young boy's eyes.

"I know who did it, too. That monster used an injured animal to get to me." (Y/N)'s words dripped with anger. She was absolutely seething with rage, fists clenched tightly, her nails digging into her palms. Her breathing was rapid, but she forced a sigh."Is Camilo okay at least?"

"We believe so. It stopped raining, so Tia Pepa must be alright." Isabella explained. (Y/N) nodded before turning on her heal.

"You're not coming with us to see him?" Mirabel inquired as she held her baby cousin in her arms.

"No. I don't want to see him right now." She spat before marching away. Antonio understood since he witness their fight first hand, but he was still sad that his friend was upset. They watched as she walked off with anger in her steps.

"Well, let's go then." Mirabel took Antonio's hand and they four walked to meet the rest of their family.

(Y/N) wanted to scream. Too much had happened at once today. First Camilo, then that woman returns, then Enrique blackmails her.

She was overwhelmed, and wanted to hide away until it ended, but she knew she couldn't escape. She had to face them all head on one at a time. She decided to start with the easiest.

She opened the door to the bakery, finding her abuela and the woman talking.

"Hey, hon!" She greeted excitedly."Look at how much you've grown."

(Y/N) was silent, unable to collect her thoughts. Her mother had finally returned. But she wasn't excited about like she always dreamed she'd be. She was disappointed, angry.

"You don't look very pleased to see me."

"I'm not. And I don't know why." She admitted. She stared at her mom, trying to show some sort of positive emotion. But she couldn't.

Her mom walked toward her, placing her hands on her shoulders before pulling her into a hug. The most awkward hug of her life.

Even abuelo cringed at the silence between them.

"I can understand being surprised. I was extra careful not to leave any hints in my letter." She smiled."So, how have things been? You look so mature now, have things gotten more serious with Enrique?" She nudged her daughter's shoulder suggestively.

"Maria!" Her abuelo exclaimed."She is not that kind of girl! She's a respectable young lady!"

"I-I know that, I was just kidding!"

Yeah right, (Y/N) rolled her eyes.

"You would know that if you'd been here to see what a wonderful girl she's grown into." He continued."But you were off traveling the world."

"I was living my dreams, like I said I always would. But I'm back now, so that's what matters." She argued, turning back to face her daughter.

"For how long?" (Y/N) inquired. Maria's smile faded at this question and the tone in which it was asked."Excuse me?"