9

"You must be working quite hard back there, hermosa," his poisonous voice made their smiles disappear. Chills running up (Y/N)'s spine made her knees weaken. Camilo could see this, the slight trembling and he took a step forward.

"You," Enrique narrowed his eyes at the Madrigal."What are you doing here?"

"Minding my own business. You should give it a try sometime." The flour covered male smirked, irking Enrique. Their staring contest lasted what felt like forever, the tension could cut through steel.

"Nice pony tail." He taunts.

"I know."

"Enrique," (Y/N) butts in."We're closed today, so, please go."

"If you're closed, then why is he here?" He takes a step closer to her, making her shake even more. Camilo reacts without thinking, taking her arm and pulling her towards him."I'm here to help," he says."Just being a good friend."

"Well, I'd like to talk to my fiance, if you don't mind-"

"I do mind, actually. It doesn't look like she wants to talk to you." He drapes his arm over her shoulder, silently assuring her he wouldn't leave her side.

"Tch, how would you know?!" It was clear the boy was getting irritated. This only made Camilo smirk, knowing he'd won. Enrique stomped closer, gripping (Y/N)'s wrist with the might of Hercules.

A squeak escaped her lips. She pulled back and buried her face in Camilo's chest, instinctively grabbing the cloth of his poncho in her hands.

He'd never seen this side of her. Normally, she was feisty and loud. But today, she was on the verge of tears. He could feel her heart racing with her chest pressed to his. Camilo wrapped his arms around her, her shivering began to slow down when greeted with his warmth.

"Baby, come here." He attempted again to touch her but she only buried herself further into Camilo. With barely audible whimpers, she sobbed.

"Just go." Camilo growled lowly.

"She's my woman! You-"

"She ain't your woman, you degenerate!" Abuelo came from the kitchen, brandishing a cane and limping his way to the front. Camilo turned around, and (Y/N) lifted her head, looking over his shoulder to see her grandfather."She's my granddaughter! Get outta my shop before I shove this cane where the sun don't shine!"

"I could take you, old man."

"If you touch my abuelo, I'll shove the cane where the sun don't shine!" As if a switch flipped, she let go of Camilo and turned to face Enrique.

"You shouldn't raise your voice at me like that, hermosa. Show some respect for your man."

"For the millionth and FINAL time, you are not my man! I do not like you, I never will like you. I'd rather date a horse than be with a jerk like you! Now get out of my shop, before I do something we both regret!"

Camilo tried but failed to fight a smile spreading on his face. Enrique was taken aback by this sudden energy she'd never had with him before. She's snapped.

He had no idea what to say, so with a scoff, he took his leave, slamming the wooden door behind him. The adrenaline wore off once he disappeared around the corner and (Y/N) released a breath she didn't know she was holding.

"That was interesting to watch," Camilo commented.

"Hopefully he gets the hint this time and doesn't come back!" She folded her arms with a hmph.

"I like the feisty side of you better than the timid one. You're like a tiger. I like tigers." Camilo smirks, slowly inching closer to her.

"You're reverting back to being a creep." She tapped his nose as she headed back to the kitchen. Abuelo smiled and returned to his reading upstairs, trusting that his granddaughter was in safe hands with the Madrigal boy.

She retrieved the Buñuelos and they headed outside to the stable behind their home and shop."Hola, Gonzales!" She greeted the horse happily. She kissed his face, warning a happy little dance from him.

"Who names their horse Gonzales?" Camilo snickers, holding the bowl of pastries under one arm.

"I do! And he likes it, so your opinion is irrelevant." The horse neighed in agreement. With a shake if his head, he hides he laughter as they both mount the horse.

"Be nice to him, or he'll throw you off his back." She warns tauntingly as she grabs the reins, directing Gonzales to the Madrigal house. The slow and steady trip carried a sweet silence with only the rhythmic sound of Gonzales' hoofs click clacking on the cobblestone to listen to.

Camilo was captivated by the swaying of (Y/N) ponytail, so much so they he grabbed a tuff of her soft, silky hair to play with.

"Thank you." She mutters, catching his attention.

"Hm? For what?"

"For earlier. Enrique is..." She trailed off with a sigh."Anyway, you gave me the confidence to finally stand up for myself. So, thanks."

He nods with a hum to say you're welcome. He had questions, but thought it would be rude to pry."If I may-"

She shakes her head."Not yet." She turns to look at him from the corner if her eyes."I just want to enjoy lunch with my best friend today."

His cheeks were practically on fire."You're so cute. Like un pequeño gatita." (A little kitten).

"I thought I was a tiger," she giggled. He snaked his arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

"You're both. It just depends on your mood. You're mi tigre, y mi gatita."

How dare you be so cute?! She mentally screamed.

Gonzales climbed the hill leading to Casa de Madrigal. After dismounting the horse, (Y/N) suddenly felt the anxiety rushing to her chest as she grabbed the pastries."I hope I don't mess this up."

"Relax, they'll love you." Camilo smiled at her."They were all excited when I mentioned I had a friend."

"Really..." This made her feel a bit better, but the nervousness didn't completely fade. He pushed her by her shoulders toward the door.

The door automatically opened, the window panel squeaking a polite hello.

It was finally time.