53

Lightning relentlessly crashed to the ground, mirroring Pepa's unbridled anger.

Her emotions poured from her eyes in the form of tears after having listened to the spirit inside Enrique's body, speak so poorly of his own son. Just thinking of her own three children, she couldn't even begin to fathom caring so little about the beings she brought into this world, casting them aside for her own selfish reasons.

She never thought she'd meet someone so disgusting, so vile in all her life, yet here he was. Deceased, yet allowed to keep running his mouth so freely, using the body if his son to do so.

"I can't believe someone like you actually exists...you're supposed to love your children with all your heart, care for them and put them first, before yourself!"

Felix stood a certain distance behind her, losing his balance and falling to one knee as he watched his wife cry out in pain. He felt useless, he knew there was no bringing her down from this high of rage she was feeling. Not until her enemy was vanquished.

"Not everyone can be perfect like a Madrigal, now can they?" More cold words dribbled from his mouth.

"PERFECTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! IT'S BASIC HUMAN DECENCY, YOU MONSTER!" the rain droplets froze in place, sharpening to ice needle and turning to point at Enrique.

"Mom, stop!" Camilo stood, slipping on the mud as he ran to his mother."Stop it! You're gonna kill him!" He'd pushed through the floating ice crystals to reach his mother, spreading his arms out to defend Enrique. He winced in pain, hissing a bit but keeping his focus on his mom.

Her eyes widened, the white glow fading and her brown orbs returning to normal as she gasped, looking at her son. A drop of blood ran down his cheek.

He'd been cut by one of the crystals.

Pepa cut her son.

Her heart broke, as did the ice. The frozen daggers shattered, creating a slow but beautiful sparkling rain as she wrapped her arms around him.

"It's okay, mami. I'm fine, it doesn't hurt too bad." He rubbed her back as he whispered to her. She pulled away, running her thumb across his barely noticeable wound. As small as a paper cut, it barely connected two of his freckles, it was that small.

"I'm sorry, Camilo. Your mama didn't mean to hurt you."

Felix was impressed by how quickly she calmed down. He had to admit, even he couldn't do it that fast. He looked at his son with a proud smile.

"Ugh, are you done yet?!" Enrique exclaimed aggressively. Angry that the wholesome moment was ruined, Isabelle threw her arm forward, a thick rope of vines shooting toward Enrique and wrapping around his wrist.

Her dress, covered in colored pollen (I think it's pollen, idk) swayed in the more gentler wind as she pulled him her way. He resisted, however, yanking her in his direction instead. Her feet left the ground, flying forward only to be met with a balled fist to the nose.

"ISA!!!" Mirabel ran to her sister's side, helping her to sit up straight as the older girl held her bleeding nose.

"I'm so sick of this guy! Just kill him already!" Isabella growled, clenching her free fist and thrust in it forward in an attempt to throw more vines his way. Again, he dodged them with ease, only angering her further.

"It'll take more than an adorable, angry little girl to kill me. Nice try though, truly, your efforts are so cute." He chuckles at her.

"Urgh, you prick!" She slammed her palm to the ground, a stem snaking it's way through the hardened soil and growing into a massive fly trap. The carnivorous plant scooped up Enrique whole, holding him in it's mouth for a moment.

It was silent again, the thundering above filling that empty space before another rumbling was heard.

"D-did I do it?" Isabella asked, her blood running into her mouth from her upper lip as she spoke. The fly trap remained closed, the movement stopped from within and it was still.

Mirabel helped her to stand, grabbing a roll of bandages from her bag and ripped a piece to catch the blood from her sister's nose.

Isa jumped, feeling a tap on her shoulder before she turned around.

"Not quite." He whispered, delivering a gut wrenching blow to her stomach, knocking the wind out of her. Mirabel gasped, watching her older sister plummet to the ground in a raging fire of coughs and gasping, even spitting up a drop or two of blood.

Frozen in fear, Julieta begs whoever is listening for the strength to fight. The image of Mirabel lying dead in her father's arms flashed in her mind. She wanted this nightmare to be over, she cried, sobbing into Augustin's chest.

As she watched the horror unfold, (Y/N) finally brewed an idea in her head. It was only a hunch, but she knew she had to do something before it was too late.

Before somebody else died.

She waited for a moment before creeping up behind Enrique. With his hand behind his back, the blade layed lazily across all four fingers as he stood over Isabella. A wave of dizziness took over her as she reached for the blade, snatching it from his hand and alarming him to turn around.

She backed up, leaving space between the two if them as she watched him closely, prepared to run if he lived even an inch.

"What do you think you're doing?" Venom poured from every word, he reached his hands closer to her but she ran toward Luisa for cover. At the same time, Dolores stood and protected (Y/N).

"Give that back, now, or I'll make your death slow and painful." His growling only made her knees shake.

Great, I have the knife, but what now? (Y/N) thought.

"GIVE IT BACK!" His voice boomed like a thousand explosion, shaking the very earth beneath them.

"No! Not until you leave Enrique's body!" She shouts.

Bruno smiles. This was the beginning of the end, at least he hoped so.

"You can't just use other people for your own gain! It's not right!"

"Do I look like I care what's right?!" His voice was now a mesh of his own and Enrique's voice in synch with one another, a clear sign that he was losing control.

"I'll make you care, after I take you down!" (Y/N)'s threat wasn't scary, but she meant every word. Camilo watched with a proud smile as she stood her ground.

"You don't scare me, little girl! Return my property at once, or suffer the consequences!" His eyes darkened from red to black, quiet whispers filling the air around them. Dolores shrieked, falling to her knees with her hands over her ears. She seemed to be in physical pain because of the voice she was hearing.

"Wh-what is this?" Luisa asked, feeling great discomfort from the whispers surrounding her.

"Get out of my body?!" Enrique's voice rang solo this time. His hands came up to his head, tugging at his hair as she shouted at the top of his lungs.

Bruno's vision was coming true right before their eyes. It looked as if another Enrique appeared and the two were trying to pull away from each other.

"How dare you defy me?! I am your father!"

"You created me, but you're NOT my father!"

The struggle continued, the whispers in the air growing louder. Dolores screamed.

Her voice rang like a siren song, the sound waves ripple through the air around her visible to their eyes.

Enrique howled louder, his body seemingly vibrating in response to this noise emitting from Dolores. A thick, black smoke shot from his mouth, his body fell to the muddy ground and a ball of darkness remained, floating in the air above him.

Whatever Dolores did, it worked.