17

"Mom?"

"Hi, sweety! I'm back!"

(Y/N)'s eyes widened. Her mouth was agape in shock as she stared at the woman before her. Antonio looked between the two with confusion.

"Did you try the recipe?" She asked excitedly."It's something brand new I came up with myself."

"W-what recipe?" She stutters, making her mom's smile drop."Did you not get my letter? I sent it on time, I'm sure of it."

"Hey, I'm kinda busy right now. Can we talk about this later?" She tries to be polite, taking Antonio and turning away from the woman. They felt the full force of the heavy rain once again, her breath leaving her body almost completely.

"What could be more important than speaking to your mother?" She asked, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

(Y/N) ignored her as she took Antonio away, feeling disgusted an annoyed. How dare she just show up out of nowhere and have the audacity to use the term mother? She swore in her head. Antonio was confused, looking back at the woman who sadly hung her head and turned away.

He figured if (Y/N) wasn't willing to talk to her, she must not be very important. But, a mom is always important, right?

He was conflicted, but kept his focus on finding his brother.

"Camilo!"

"Camilo?!"

Their voices echoed throughout the Encanto, repeated back to them. The longer it took to find him, the harder the rain fell, the harsher winds blew and the more lightning strikes in the sky.

"(Y/N)!"

"Ugh! What now?! I'm busy-" she ranted off before realizing it wasn't her mom who called. It was a male's voice. Was it Camilo?

She ran in the direction of the sound. Her eyes met a yellow color through the thick fog and rain, but it wasn't him. On the ground, bleeding and wounded, bound with rope and a muzzle was an animal. A fairly large one with claws and fangs.

It was Antonio's friendly jaguar.

He immediately let go of (Y/N)'s hand, ignoring her warning to wait. He was stopped by a tall figure in black who brutally shoved him to the ground."Hold it, squirt. You're not touching your friend until I get what I want."

"Enrique, are you serious?!"

"Yes, sweetheart, I am serious!" He shouts crazily."It wasn't so bad when you just didn't want to spend time with me. But now you're hanging around with some other guy, meeting his family, making friends with his siblings!" His voice became progressively more agitated, his slushy footsteps growing closer."So, I would like to strike a deal with you, hermosa."

She approached Antonio's side, helping him up and keeping him behind her."What do you want, you slime ball?!" She spat angrily, glaring at his barely visible figure through the downpour.

He came closer, extending his hand with a creepy grin."Dance with me."

"Wha- In this pouring rain?!"

"That makes it all the more romantic. Now dance with me, or the jaguar gets it. And maybe," he looked behind her at Antonio who cowered in fear."Maybe he'll get it too, a two for one special."

"You'd really hurt a defenseless child?" She asked, her hands curling fists."Yes, dear, I would. I would do absolutely anything for the woman of my dreams." He slowly caressed her face, moving her soaked hair from her forehead. She glanced between the wounded jaguar and Enrique before looking down at the little boy behind her.