33

"Should we go find him? Did we go too far?" Mirabel asked her older sister.

"He pulls stupid pranks that make us look bad all the time! If he can't take it, he shouldn't dish it." She replied boldly.

"That's true, but, I'm starting to feel bad."

"Ugh, fine! I'll help you look. He's probably just in his room."

The two girls left the botanical garden that was Isabella's room and went to Camilo's, but he wasn't inside. His clothes were still layed out lazily on her bed in the nursery, so he wasn't there either.

They heard whimpering coming from Dolores' room. Her door was wide open, so they went to check. She sat in a chair in front of her mirror as her brother applied a natural moisturizer to her itchy, red skin. She was trembling from her badly it itched.

"Goodness, what happened to you?" Isabella gasped.

She simply pointed to the half eaten red velvet cake sitting on her dresser."Ask Mariano, that idiot."

Curious as to what she meant, Isabella steps closer and takes a whiff of the cake. It immediately hit her."This cake has...raspberry in it."

"I didn't notice until I was halfway through the cake when everything just started burning!" Dolores cried, her scratchy voice making Mirabel's skin crawl."It hurts so much, and it's getting harder to breathe."

Footsteps entered the room."We've looked all over the house. Julieta isn't here," Augustin's frantic voice made Dolores itch even more.

"Felix is searching the town for her right now. Is there anything else we can do, mama?" Pepa asked her mother as she looked at her oldest daughter, suffering.

"How is the cream working, Dolores?" Alma inquires.

She nods."The cold temperature is soothing, but it still itches pretty bad." Her voice was barely audible this time around.

"I wish we had something for your throat, mija." Alma pouted.

Camilo finished applying the cream to Dolores's arms. Her trembling calmed slightly as she used the rest on her legs.

"Abuela!" Luisa could be heard marching up the stairs. Everyone except for Dolores met her in front of the glowing door, as well as Felix with his son Antonio.

"We couldn't find her anywhere. We asked around, but, people are acting...really weird." She explained. The fear on her face was shocking. The strong and sturdy Luisa looked as if she were about to release a waterfall.

"Why does this keep happening to us?" Felix seemed like he was already panicking. He looked to his family, who only looked back with the same amount of shock and worry as him."And why is my son in a skirt?!"

Mirabel raised her hand and quietly said,"That was my fault. Sorry."

"This is bad...this-this is horrible!" Bruno paced back and forth across the main foyer of the house, holding a jade slab in his hands. Looking at the image once more, he angrily threw it to the tiles floor, shattering it to pieces.

"Dammit!" He cursed.

"You must calm yourself, Brunito. We can fix this-" Alma tried to rest her hand on her son's shoulder but he smacked her hand away without realizing.

"How?! I can see the future, and we were still outplayed! How can we fix this?!" He gripped handfuls of his hair and tugged as his breathing sped up.

"I think I know who's responsible for this," Felix muttered.

"Do you really think...that boy would be capable of all of this? Do you think he abducted Julieta?" Pepa inquired.

Anger spread across their faces. Mirabel clenched her fists at the idea. Was this really all just Enrique? All over what?

"I'm gonna give Enrique a piece of my mind!" She exclaims, marching towards the door. Bruno snaps out of his panicked state and rushed to stand between her and the door.

"No, Mirabel, it's too dangerous!"

"He the same age as me, I can take him!" She attempted to step around him but he grabbed her shoulders and gently pushed her backwards.

"I'm telling you, you are not going to confront that guy."

"But-"

"NO!" Bruno's voice boomed like an explosion, scaring the young girl. He covered his mouth in response to his own yelling."Sorry, sorry."

"Why can't I go? Do you not trust me?" She asked."Of course, I trust you. It's him I don't trust!" He says, pointing toward the door.

"I can take care of myself! I've done it before!"

"Miraboo," Augustin touches her back."We should listen to your Tio. If he saw something, then he knows what we should do."

"But my mother is missing! Do you really expect me to just stay here and-"

"Mirabel!" Alma cut her off."That is enough. Bruno told you not to go, so you stay here. Julieta will be found. We need to come up with a plan."

Mirabel lowered her eyes to the floor.

"Fine."

*Thud*

"Mama! Abuela!"