1

"Camilo, we need another José."

"Camilo, we need someone smaller, please."

"Camilo, I need a model for this dress I made."

.
.
.

*Sigh* Finally, a moment alone.

After hours of Camilo this and Camilo that, I made it to my room and shut the door. I begin to approach my bed when I stop at a mirror, looking at my reflection.

All I could see were all the people I'd shifted into throughout the day so far. I couldn't remember the last time I saw my actual self in the mirror.

I won't start off by telling you my name and what I do, because you already know. You've heard tons of times at this point, so I won't bore you with my back story. Let's just get to the point.

If you're part of a family, you have certain responsibilities, yes? And those responsibilities feel quite heavy at times.

Well, try adding magical abilities to your arsenal, then try adding an entire community of people to your To Do list. Lastly, add 'Everyone is watching' in the bottom corner of the page as the cherry on top.

That's how this feels. It was cool at first, basically a hometown hero, a celebrity who's greatly appreciated by all. But, recently, I've been feeling like a tool that's rusting and about to snap in half.

With my splitting headache and aching body, I plop onto my bed, staring at the ceiling before finally shutting my eyes.

*Knock, knock*

My eyes shoot open, sending a wave of pain through my head and chest from the scare."Little bro, you okay?" It was Dolores coming to check on me."I'm fine."

"You sound a little...sick."

I wanted to deny it, but I genuinely couldn't. My entire body was in pain and surely she could hear the truth. If she didn't, she wouldn't be in here.

"Well, lunch is almost ready. You'll feel better after you eat." She smiled before exiting my room. Her encouraging words made me crack a small smile just knowing how much my sister cares. It faded, however.

My eyes closed again. I felt at ease for the first time in a while. The pain all over slowly began to subside as I felt myself drifting off to sleep.

.
.
.

I'd woken up and stretched my arms over my head, slid my feet into my sandals and walked towards the door of my room. Stopping in my tracks in front of a mirror, I look into the glass to see...

Nothing.

There was no reflection of me or anyone else. All I could see was the wall behind me. I looked down at my hands, seeing them slowly turning to dust. I tried to scream, but my voice was gone. I exited my room, which was disappearing before my eyes. Upon exiting my room, the door was gone and there was just a blank wall behind me.

I tried shouting for my mother, my father, even my siblings and cousins. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make a sound. Not even a whisper.

I found them all enjoying a family meal.

Without me.

I approached the table but no one even glanced at me. It was as if I didn't even exist.

My powers were gone, my room was gone, and I couldn't ask anyone for help.

At this point, I was nothing but a floating torso. The only one who was looking my way was my grandmother. She had a look of disapproval and disappointment.

I could still hear her calling my name."Camilo...Camilo!"

I wanted desperately to answer her call, but I'd already disappeared. There was nothing left of me.

I wanted to help.

I want to be useful to the family.

I want them to love me.

But...which part of me?

Who am I?

How do I find out if I'm always pretending to be someone else?

.
.
.

The deafening silence filled my bedroom as my eyes fluttered open. The house was silent, so silent that I grew suspicious.

I approached my door and slowly opened it. It was dark out, all the candles had been blown out and everyone had gone to bed.

"How long did I sleep?" I muttered.

"About nine hours," I whipped around, seeing my cousin, Isabella standing outside her door."Dolores told us she heard you fell asleep and asked us to cover for you with Abuela."

"S-sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep." I stuttered. She steps closer to me and places the back of her hand on my forehead.

"You missed lunch and dinner. That's not like you at all." She moved her hand to my cheek and my neck before resting it on my shoulder. I could see the clear concern in her face.

Normally, I would make some sort of joke, but I knew it wouldn't work. I was definitely acting out of character and everyone could see it. I couldn't lie if I tried.

"I just didn't feel well today." I shrug with a small smile that she probably couldn't see since it was dark.

"Well, get some more rest and I hope you feel better tomorrow." Isabella walks away, putting her hand on her door knob before stopping."You should let Abuela know you're sick. She was calling you for about an hour with no answer."

She than disappears into her rose filled room.

My eyes move upward to the candle in Abuela's window. I knew I heard her calling me, but I thought it was just my dream.

I was too uncomfortable to go back to sleep. Instead of staring at the ceiling in my room, I grabbed my sandals and exited the Casita as quietly as possible, despite knowing my sister would still hear me. The Encanto was very quiet. So quiet that even I could hear a pin drop without magic hearing.

The town was decorated with flowers that Isabella had grown and beautiful candles that people would leave out at night. It wasn't hard to get lost though. I purposely took random corners and turns so I could distract myself from my thoughts. No matter how far I went though, I could still see Casita as the top of the hill.

I couldn't get lost if I wanted to when my destination was so visible. With a heavy sigh, I plop down on a bench outside of a shop when rest my head in my hands. It was utterly silent, almost deafening.

Looking up, my eyes scan the dark sky that was illuminated by countless stars. The twinkling masses shining down on our beautiful home. The corners of my mouth curled into a smile. Moments like this made me feel at ease. I would every moment could be like this.

Quiet.

No one telling me what to do.

No one asking me to be someone else.

Just quiet.

A sudden light interrupted my thoughts when the window of the shop before me showed a figure carrying a candle captured my attention. Inside the shop was a girl with long hair in a ponytail down her back, a cute pink night gown and the aforementioned candle in her hands.

Curious, I watched as she wandered the inside as if in search of something. My body leans forward to get a closer look absentmindedly. A tired smile appears on her face as she picks up an object from the floor, saying something before she finally faces the window.

I freeze. Is she looking at me? Do I look creepy to her? I swiftly whip my head around to avoid her gaze. My head slowly turns back toward the window, seeing the light of the dance fading around the corner as she leaves.

I hope I didn't scare her.

She definitely thinks I'm a weirdo.

Great.