27

Camilo wandered the town, even the back streets for his target.

"Enrique!" He shouted."Get out here, you coward!" His booming voice echoed through the air.

"Coward," a deep voice he hadn't heard in a while, and hoped he would never hear again, made him whip around to face the wall behind him. From around the corner crept out the boy he'd been searching for."I've always found that word amusing for some reason."

"What the heck is wrong with you?! Throwing bricks through her windows?!" Camilo exclaimed.

"Did you read my message?" He inquired. Enrique wasn't even looking him in the eyes. Instead, he was looking at his nails which were quite dirty.

"Of course I did. But you're wrong. You're not going anywhere near her." He swore. He held his fists clenched as Enrique looked up and began to slowly stroll closer, hands tucked in his pockets and a calm expression.

Camilo kept his eyes glued to Enrique's pockets, watching closely.

"You planning to shape shift me to death or somethin'?" He taunted."You couldn't take me if you wanted to. Even with that freaky ability of yours, you're still useless. You couldn't take anybody in a fight." He chuckled.

"Wanna bet?"

Enrique's eyebrows lifted in surprise, his feet freezing in their tracks.

Why would you say that?! Camilo cursed himself.

Enrique's smirk returned."Maybe later. For now, let's talk about you a little."

"What about me?" His skepticism continued to rise, still eyeing the boy's pockets and subtle hand movements.

Enrique brought something out of his pocket. Camilo tensed, the images of their last stand off flashing in his mind. A sharp pain rushed through his abdomen and he held the spot where the wound use to be.

The object removed from his pocket was a single pink rose.

"Don't piss yourself, man. I don't have a knife this time, promise." Enrique held his hands up as proof. He plucked a petal from the rose and let it fall to the ground."You and your whole family of witches is getting on my nerves. Even the rest if the town seems to think there's something...off about you guys."

"We're not witches. We were blessed with a miracle by our grandfather." He corrected him. Enrique rolled his eyes, plucking another petal.

"Whatever! You Madrigal freaks brought back the most dangerous one of all. The one who only brought about misfortune to the people." He continued.

Tio Bruno?

"No one is very happy about it. I mean, he's been gone for ten whole years. Who knows what he's capable of now."

"What are you even talking about? He's got the same power as before." Camilo nearly stuttered, but kept his composure.

"Sure, that's what you know. But us normal people, our imaginations can run wild when we don't know everything. Our minds can create fictitious scenarios that make sense according to what we do know. That's just human nature. We can be quiet easily influenced to believe even the craziest of things." He rambled on, confusing Camilo even more.

"What are you getting at with all of this?"

As he talked, Enrique continued plucking petals until there was only one remaining."Oh, nothing. I'm just talkin'." He shrugged with a smug grin. He dropped the last petal and through the stem on the ground.

"Just giving you something to think about. While you're so focused on a girl who doesn't even belong to you, you shouldn't forget about your family. If something were to happen to them, that'd be pretty bad, wouldn't it?"