Chapter 50

This is another thing I missed doing with him: Dancing in the night. One more time, he let me spin around and my hand landed on his wide and broad chest. I gave a half smile and took a deep breath.

At least now, the music playing is a love song and not like the ones earlier which almost gave me an entire hour of emotional breakdown. Never trust Professor Carter when it comes to prom music.

Arthur's hands on my waist are so still. Like he's never going to let go of it. I can feel how warm my dress is by now because of the long time his hands are placed on it. He took one step back and I followed his foot.

I looked to my right side and found Chance and Charlie tied together with a smile. They look so happy. I wonder what it's like to spend four proms with your boyfriend.

But still, I know that Peter is the ones who she wants to dance with by now. If only he made it, maybe she's happier than she is by now. I looked to my right side and found Nate's serious face pointed on Olivia who hasn't even got her smile off her face since the dance began.

I can see how Nate wants to spend the night with Britney but he can't. If only love isn't a ruthless game, then they're probably even kissing now. Meanwhile, here I am not sure of what I feel.

Should I be glad that I'm dancing with the guy I loved and I still love or should I be sad that he's only doing this to help me spend my last prom in this school in the best way?

Tristan's smile is very real in front of Britney. But her smile is very fake and I can determine that it isn't real because she's my best friend. I know whether she's happy with what she's doing or when she's not.

"When are they going to announce the prom kings and queens?" I asked. It has been an hour since we last spoke. The silence between us is awkward but I like the way it is. "I don't know, maybe a few hours or minutes more. We all know who the winner is,"

Obviously, everyone voted for Nate and Olivia.

Nate is out of the business since the students naturally votes for him every year. I get why they do. I also vote him. From feet to his head, he's naturally gorgeous. Considering the fact that from being the most popular bad boy in our campus, he now is the kindest one.

And on the other side of the door, Olivia forced the students to vote for her. She threatened everyone saying that if they, I mean if we don't vote for her, she would tell everyone our secrets. But, she won't know if I'll vote for her or not so I usually fake my words and say that I voted for her but the one I really vote for is Britney.

Even if I know she and Nate can't be dating anymore, I want them both to still be happy by being partners as king and queen of prom. "Obviously," I sarcastically rolled my eyes and we both giggled.

"Random question," he spoke.

"Go ahead,"I responded.

"It's not fair that you know I still love you, I need to know if you feel the same way." What the heck? Does he even need to ask me something like that? He already know the answer.

"No, not anymore." I lied.

For him, I would ruin my self over and over. And right now, I am destroying my heart by saying I don't love him anymore when the truth is, I still do.

I'm only doing this because I don't want him to know that no matter how hard I look for someone else, he remains as the only guy I want to spend the rest of my life with.

"Then, why did you break up with your boyfriend?"

"Why did we break up?" I gave him an answer disguised as a question.

"So, he cheated?" He got it too literal but at least, he admits that he cheated.

"Because we're not perfect," I went straight to the point. He might misinterpret it soon so it's better if I tell him already.

"Doesn't mean you're not perfect, you can't make things perfect anymore." He calmly responded.

"Fine, we broke up because I realized, I still love someone else. I love him but I found out I was missing someone." The music and the slightly flashing lights gave me courage to tell him the truth.

The truth that I never wanted to be let out.

"Who is that someone?" He really is a teacher: Asks questions though he got the answers.

"Someone I didn't know I could still be this close with." He smiled more, and then took a step forward to me. I attempted to take a step back to avoid more closure from him, but he locked my back by his arm and lead my body to his warm chest.

Now, our faces are five inches away from each other. I can feel the hot sensation of his breath and how his chest moves because of his very fast heartbeat. My feet are all locked up and I can't move.

As if I will explode into tiny pieces if I take a small step. "I am already thirty years old and you're a lot younger than me. But you know more than I do. You're sure of everything and I'm not. But I'm sure of one thing: I know I miss you. I don't think you feel the same way but things aren't always right so..."

He cut his words by leaning closer to me and invaded the last five inches seperating us. His warm glossy lips landed on my dried ones because of the too much air conditioner. I want to shove him away but there's this part of me saying I missed his lips on mine.

Like how it did before, it is still minty. In three years, he hasn't changed the brand of his toothpaste. It smells the same, it tastes the same.