Chapter 11

The other subjects that passed by were easy and enjoyable. I worried about nothing this whole time but I'm still thinking of the chaos which is about to begin when Creative Writing comes in. Arthur Culpo: He's the guy I don't want to see anymore, I don't want to talk to, and I would never love again. He's my ex-boyfriend. The only guy I loved so much and the one who brought joy to my life. Little did I know that he was someone I was about to cry for. And all the tears weren't worth it.

Our lessons in Math and Science were both pleasing especially because the teacher was young and fun to conversate with. If I'm not wrong, then he's probably a fresh graduate student because I haven't seen him around before. Thus, he's very relatable. Carter Dane. A name to remember.

After our English teacher left, it was a moment of noise and movement inside the classroom. Everyone began gossiping, and some were playing games on their gadgets, and the others were just staring at the board. While here's me still worrying about the next subject and hoping that Professor Carter mispronounced the name so I don't have to hate the item anymore. Because I don't want to.

The clock stroked to eleven and just by that, the door creaked open and everyone froze as we all watched a man walking in. The sleeves of his blue long sleeves were raised up which exposed the veins of his white hands. And his brunette wavy hair was fixedly still. I looked from his foot with the black shiny shoes he was wearing up to his broad shoulders with a vest covering his muscular body I can recognize. And when my eyes met his face, the memories flashed back to my mind, and all the crap crashed in like shooting stars with fire wrapped around them. It's not a nightmare, it's true.

I'm seeing Arthur Culpo in front of me. And he's about to be my teacher for the rest of the year. I guess I can die now?

I took a deep breath and rubbed my cold sweaty hands on each other. I don't want to believe this is actually happening. "Good morning, class!" He greeted as everyone got back to their seats before. Nothing has changed about his voice, it's still cold and smooth like butter. Same to his muscular body, rosy cheeks, red lips, and ocean blue eyes. But I changed. Everything about how I looked at him changed. And I would never tolerate any crap that's bound to happen.

He faced the board and scratched the chalk onto it. I don't need to see what he's writing because it's the last name I would want to read. "Hello, there twelfth graders! Welcome to Creative Writing class, and I would be your professor for this subject my name is Arthur Culpo." I want to walk away, or run, or even talk back to him but I can't. If we aren't in school, then I would but we are so I don't have a choice but try my best to behave. Like I did before.

Though I'm tired of doing it over and over.

"So, I guess you all know each other now but I don't know any of you yet and for that, maybe you can introduce yourselves? It would mean a lot!" I can't help but roll my eyes. Seriously? I tried to control myself but I couldn't. "Introducing is just for strangers. When you already ruined someone's life and act as if nothing happened, there's no use in telling them who you are because they already know how to make you fold." My grumpy voice caught everyone's eyes and caused deep silence around the room.

After long years of not seeing the lines on his forehead when he's confused, they're finally back. I lost them before but I'm seeing them now. That's the first thing I didn't know I should have been careful about. I wish I did. Things have happened and I can't change how they went.

"Oh, Miss Shane Labrador. Why don't you go first?" He leaned his back on the wall and crossed his arms while biting his lips. That used to make me weak. But I'll make sure it won't anymore. "See, you know my name," I smirked devilishly and rested my arms on the table while constantly playing with the pen wrapped around my fingers.

"Just because I know your name, doesn't mean you don't need to introduce yourself. Come on! It's just once! Are you nervous? Don't be nervous, it'll only be for a minute in your life and that's over." Somehow, though I don't want it to, his voice can still send goosebumps to my nerves. And it's the stupidest thing that ever happened to me.

"A minute can ruin the rest of my life." I rose one eyebrow. Something that he used to do before.

Darn it! Why can I still remember that darn stupid thing?

"But your life can be ruined without a minute." As if he knows what he's talking about.

"My life has already been ruined the moment I trusted a minute."

"Really? Then that would be an interesting story you should tell us about."

"I don't need to do it when someone already witnessed how it happened live by his own two eyes." I don't care if we're making a scene in front of the whole class. I'm talking to him, and I'll do everything to get him off this school because I'm done dealing with his craps as I did before.

"It's just about introducing yourself, Shane! There's no big deal and you should not worry about it! Don't make me send you to detention." The pride in his words hasn't vanished and I know it would never.

"Don't make me send you to hell." I've never been this harsh with my words but for him, I would always do.

"Really? Detention is nearer than hell. Honestly, in other words, detention is hell." He chuckled a bit with a smirk growing on his lips. The last time I saw him smirk like that was when I joked about him leaving me. And it came true.

"You haven't changed at all. Still abusing your power." I guess my words hit him, it should. It made him stop and press his lips together. Maybe all the things he did came back to his mind. Like how it always paces in my mind back and forth.

I guess this year might be full of hustles and chaos but I know it won't. Because I won't let it be.