Chapter 25

We reached the back of the house and found a group of huge crowds gathered around as we heard the loud yells of two girls through the loud music playing. I feel stupid that Eros and I walked that far earlier and Charlie called us to run here since Britney's super drunk and now unconscious of what she's doing. My eyes met his deep, worried ones.

Though it was such an infinite amount of gathered people, we did our best to make our way until we got to the space where Olivia's hair was all tangled and Britney's arms are crossed with one eye raised trying to show her enemy that she isn't affected of anything that she's doing. It was gorgeous how she tilted her head slowly, looking like a bad girl in front of everyone, but I know she's unconscious.

Well, she doesn't really look like one. Still, I heard Charlie say it. This girl would never lie to me. Eros walked up to her and took her by her arms, but she insisted and fought back. When I felt Olivia attempting to reach Britney, I ran to her and grab her arms too. "Let me go!" She loudly screamed, which almost deafened me. I showed no emotions on my face.

I read Eros' lips as he whispered into Britney's ears. "Come on, we need to get" home. Mom and dad are waiting," her face became more confused than earlier as she drew lines on it. With her arms still locked in Eros' hands, she looked at him, saying. "What? Nah! They don't care if we do all these craps out here," she slightly laughed and looked back at me.

And when she found me holding Olivia, her eyes widened in surprise and happiness. "Oh! Shane! There you are. I- I've been looking for you everywhere, where were you? I have to... tell... you something," she smirked unconsciously and tilted her head again. Earlier, she looked like a bad girl when she was standing. Now, she looks like a kid with a disorder.

"You can tell it to me in the car, we need to get you home." Everyone's eyes are on us and I hate when this thing happens. But I don't care because Britney's drunk and it's not her fault she's acting very different so I just have to cope with this for now and tomorrow, she'll be her normal self again.

"No! I need to tell it you here! You need... to know it now!" Her voice became more childish than earlier.

"Fine, but promise me we're getting to the car after this, okay?" She nodded and smiled more while still trying to get Eros' hands off her. But he's really strong so he was able to stay in his position.

"My... my brother likes you a lot, you know! He... he has this, this, this one journal in our house where he wrote how much he likes you!" She screamed out loud and the people around us began to murmur. I felt Olivia trying to hide her laughter and the people behind me already slightly laughing. I want to turn around but I don't want to see their insulting ugly faces.

Instead of doing what I wanted to which is to ask Eros if it was true or to tell her back that Tristan likes her too, I did nothing but fake my smile and looked at him as he looked down after pressing his lips. I can see the annoyance in his eyes. I took a deep breath and calmly screamed back, "okay!"

It ended all the people's voices from around us and silenced them. "Now, your turn to give the favor back to me! Let Eros get you in the car," she didn't answer but when he took her by the arms and began walking away, she didn't insist anymore as she did before. I don't know what has gotten into me, what possessed me, but when I saw Arthur approaching me and offering her hand, I gave Olivia's arms to him. "Go to your friend now, let me take care of this. It's the main reason I'm here if you're asking. This is my job as a teacher." Now I get it. He's not here to follow me around or to annoy me but for the safety of every student. Probably called my Tristan? Or he was sent here by the school? I don't know.

But I still hate the fact that he's here. I didn't see Kobie in that huge crowd but I ignored it. Instead, I ran as fast as I could onto the parking lot and looked for Eros' car. Once when I found its door open, I immediately entered and found him sitting in the backseat with Britney's eyes closed while lying on his lap and now can't hear anything but the people in her dreams.

I sat to the other side and took her feet as I placed them on my lap then rested my back on the board of the seat. "Umm, maybe we should call Charlie so I can start driving now and get this girl to our house," I giggled.

"She's coming." He nodded.

"I can already imagine our mom scolding me. I'm responsible for this." I licked my dried lips and then slightly laughed at his statement. It was so silent that our whispers sounded loud.

"Consequence of being the first child." He smiled.

"So, was it true?" He held his eyes to me.

"What?" He frowned.

"That thing Britney said," he took a deep breath before speaking...

"I can't lie though I want to," I felt his urge to tell me the truth and say something I didn't expect he would.

"I get it," I whispered. He nodded.

"Umm, so, about earlier... I asked when can we go out..."

"Oh, about that? Well, as I said, pretty much like on Saturday evening."

"You should choose what type of adventure should we go on."

"Adventure?" I laughed.

"Ah, yeah... you know, I mean what type of..." I can sense how speechless he is so I added what he wanted that he couldn't say.

"What type of date?"

"Yeah, yeah, right!"

"It's up to you," He said.

"No, you should choose,"

"I have no idea, just text me soon if you have but for now I can't think of anything else." He kept gently smiling at me then slightly laughed while rubbing Britney's forehead.